spear guns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slammer, Riffe was not able to get the Cammo finish gun produced to meet their needs and they are no longer available. I ran into the same issue when I purchased mine. I used the gun today using a 9/32 x 57'' freeshaft very accurate, and handles good when tracking. $418.00 is below retail and a good price. Good luck.

Amphibious:
:lol:

yes, you don;t want to become one of those fingerless Euro gun using freaks! don;t you know none of us have any fingers left because of those evil wishbones! infact, spearfisherman must HATE having fingers, because Euro style guns far out number anyother type of speargun world wide.

love,
Amphibious (Long time hater of distal apendages)

Fingerless Euro gun using freaks! roflmoa!!! :lol:
It is a wonder I have not lost any of mine in the last 5 years!
You really made my day with that. Thanks.

Loneranger:
Slammer, Riffe was not able to get the Cammo finish gun produced to meet their needs and they are no longer available. I ran into the same issue when I purchased mine. I used the gun today using a 9/32 x 57'' freeshaft very accurate, and handles good when tracking. $418.00 is below retail and a good price. Good luck.

Hey loneranger got my riffe mt3 today. kinda funny set up for the safty. makes it bit of a headache to use it seams. Do you use the safty? Sure wish I had ordered a rest. seems like a long pull from the hip.

What about a float system for the bigger fish? Sure hate to loose my new gun. Is it better to attach to the gun or use a break away type attached to the shaft. I have my eye on a 4' grooper from last years trip. I would like to have an opportunity to land this big one if I get the chance.

slammer:
What about a float system for the bigger fish? Sure hate to loose my new gun. Is it better to attach to the gun or use a break away type attached to the shaft. I have my eye on a 4' grooper from last years trip. I would like to have an opportunity to land this big one if I get the chance.

If you are looking at a true 4' grouper, he is going to be 75+ depending on his breed. Are you freediving or scuba? If free, use a float line and a break away tip. If scuba as I do for fish 50lbs, I use 5/16 shafts or 9/32 and hang on. If you don't have a good shot, don't take it. You have got to hit these bigger boys HARD and you need all of the penetration that you can get. Make it count.

Oh Ya.... The Grouper I Saw Was All 4 Feet Plus So With Magnafication Of The Water I'm Sure Of The Measurement. Still I'm Worried About Loosing My Gun I Don't Know How Hard A Really Big Fish Hits. What If He Goes For Deep Water When Do I Bail Out And Cut The Line. I Guess I Just Have To Find It, Shoot It And Hold On To It And See What Happens. Thanks For Your Help!!

If you think that you are going after this guy, use a break away tip. It will be connected to a float line and floats. You and the gun don't get pulled and you can stay closer to the top if need be and still fight him. If he runs up under a ledge, go down and plug him again with your gun and second shaft. Don't count on cutting the line while he is dragging you. It's tough to pull a knife and reach the tip of your gun while being dragged if he is not stoned and smoking.

Nothing will keep me away from the fish! Nothing I tell ya. Use my "flat bottom" boat on calm days to save on fuel costs instead of running the bigger one. If I have any passangers, I have to put the two table "leafs" in. If you want a fighting chair, you have to bring your own paint can.

How do I write a message on this site.? I have a ab biller 48" and I want to know the best band size and how many I should use.

Back
Top Bottom