Speaking of RIB's, has anyone seen the latest Homeland Security boats in S. Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
NadMat's post about RIB's made me remember an impressive boat being trailered south on Dixie in Pompano Beach.

First, Ok, I'm not even sure the Homeland Security boats qualify as RIB's (here's a page with some of the boats on it: HS Boats.

But the one I saw looked so much more "high speed" than the ones pictured; the site seems to be limited to 2005 - and I just saw this 'new' looking boat about a month ago. It was probably made by the same company, as it was aluminum with the inflatable around it, but it wasn't really painted, was long and thin, and I seem to recall being impressed by its outboards, but I can't remember if I saw two or three of them. ACB's Homeland boat pictured look dorky compared to this killer. I'm not good at estimating boat lengths out of the water, but I'd say it was at least a 29' boat (using what's listed on the website). Edit: think I found the type: i need this boat

Just wondering if anyone has seen this thing out lately.

Why does the Homeland whatever it is need a boat? Don't the Coast Guard, Local Police, Wardens, State Police, Sheriff, Life Guards, Navy already have some boats? This is just another waste of money and loss of freedom. How many agrnices are needed to make the waters safe for democracy, if that is actually what we have? N

Isn't Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security now?

anyway, if I was going to get the "ultimate" RIB, this would be cool. SupRbugman saw this for sale driving down the highway! Notice the front gate that lowers down? (2nd link pic) cool.

33' Sea Wolf Catamaran

Silver Ships Inc. is proud to offer this 33’ Catamaran Demo to all interested parties. The vessel was built in 2003 for a military project. The boat has been kept indoors and only has ___hours on it. The air filled sponsons on each side give the craft a unique ability. When inflated the beam of the boat is an extremely stable 11’ 6”. When deflated the beam is only 8’ 6” which allows the boat and trailer to be towed without obtaining special permits or routes. As with all cats the sea faring characteristics and maneuverability are outstanding. The twin Mercury 225 outboards provide a 35 knot top speed. Whether on the water, the beach or at the dock the electrically operated bow gate makes loading and offloading personnel and/or equipment easy. The deck of the boat is extremely spacious with approximately ___ square feet of usable space. The pilot house has seating for 3 inside and 2 more out front. A tow post, rope reel, manual jacking plates and a complete electronics package finish out this vessel package. The package includes a custom built aluminum trailer. The entire package is listed for $180,000

For pics, etc, see URL http://www.silverships.com/details.asp?ProductID=109

attachment.php

Well the boat in the above pic (military landing craft) believe is or not is plywood. Most were made by the Higgins boat company in Lousiana for the military. They made them out of plywood to save on the costs and also because steel was scarce due to the war. Only the front loading ramp/gate was steel.

As for the boat for sale, it'd be fun, but i don't have $180k in spare change. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom