Speaking of charters, ?? on Ryan Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so by then Funjet will be using Ryan Air. I have noticed in searching for luggage info that all the charters now have the 44 lb weight limit TOTAL for both bags. But in the past when I have used Funjet and ATUSA, the weight limit was 44 lbs PER BAG, not total, and my TA even said that's the way it was as recently as last year. But I hope everyone's right that I won't have a problem--my checked baggage usually weighs about 68 lb and that doesn't include my 20 lb backpack (fish ID books are heavy)! LOL I can't afford an excess baggage fee--I need that money for diving! :)

Have her check again. As of today it is total and not per bag.

Look at the max size, not weight, for your carry on. Last spring I flew a local charter oper. with a size limit of roughly 20" x 12" x 14" for carry on bags. I managed to fit my BC, mask, fins, reg, computer, hood, gloves, etc. into that bag. My only peice of gear I had to pack was my wet suit. Generally, airlines are more concerned with weight limits because of the stress on their people handling your bags. Case in point was my carry on bag. It was very heavy but because no one but me had to handle it no one at the air line cared.

:scuba: Does anyone know if Ryan air is strict with their weight limits?? How about carryon?? It seems they would know everyone that boards a flight to Cozumel would be packing dive gear Duh! Pls help we have a trip booked with ATUSA for xmas and would luv from someone that has recently flown with them from DFW. I can always wear all my gear if necessary. Seems the airlines would want as much business as possible.

I was talking to my TA and told her if Ryan tried to charge me for my bags being overweight I'll just wear all my dive gear on the plane! LOL

In answer to your question, Ryan Air hasn't taken over air service for Funjet and ATUSA yet--they will start Nov 1. BUT my TA sent an email directly to Ryan Air and they replied stating that they would not be charging for excess baggage "during that time" I don't know if it's because it's the holidays or if they meant all the time. But Funjet and ATUSA have assured her of the same thing--the "official" luggage limit is 44 lbs TOTAL for 2 checked bags, but they are not holding people to that, especially divers travelling to Coz and other dive destinations. My 2 bags usually total 68 lbs with dive gear, etc, so I really hope I don't get a baggage clerk who's in a bad mood! :)

I'm going to Coz Thanksgiving week so I will make sure to post a report as soon as I get back to let everyone know for sure! And anyone else going earlier in Nov do the same, please? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom