Spare Parts Goodie Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Spare Parts Kit

Every rebreather will have a specific set of spare parts that may be needed. Over the years I have had few issues with my Megalodon rebreather, but I carry a couple of necessary items just in case:

Spare sensors
Oxygen lubricant
Toothbrush for cleaning
Absorbent rags
Spare regulator
A few spare o-rings, mainly for regulators
Small voltmeter
Spare canister latch
Spare magnetic buttons for handset
Allen wrenches
Screwdriver
Adjustable wrenches
Intermediate pressure guage

What's in YOUR goodie bag?
Safe Diving--Jill
Rebreather Pro

My spare kit I have the following, a lot of it is the same as Jill.

1 Spare battery
1 Spare sensor
O2 Lubricant
One complete Meg spare kit
Spare 13 and 11" Hose
Spare O Ring kit
Adjustable wrenches
Allen wrenches
Screwdrivers
Double and swivel bolt snap
Spare 6" hose for Bail out bottle.

Cheers

Al

Hey Jill,

It was great to finally meet you at the Sartek booth at "Beneath the Sea"! It was good to put a face to the name.

As someone who is considering rebreathers, are there some rebreathers out which use more standard parts than others, or are they all pretty proprietary? Take the Oxygen sensors you mentioned. Is this a standard part that will fit most rebreathers, or are they also proprietary?

I also noticed, that except for the small voltage meter and toothbrush, these are things that should accompany almost every sav-a-dive kit. I would also add batteries for every piece of electronics you bring along as well as those ever adaptable zip ties!!! :D

This weekend while diving in the Keys, I inadvertantly walked away from my Optima before I secured it with a bungee. It only took a few seconds before the first wave rolled by and my rebreather did a gymnastics summersault that probably merrited a "10" on the judges scorecard! Needless to say, following that maneuver, a fellow diver brought to my attention that my loop hose was slashed at the fitting where it connected to the canister.

Fortunately, I carry spare loop hoses and was able to switch it out and salvage the day of diving.

So add spare loop hoses to your list!

Also:

*Q-tips for drying off sensor heads
*pen flashlight for examining recessed spots within your rebreather head
*pen and small pad of paper for noting & tracking sensor MV readings over time.

Back
Top Bottom