spare mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are all these yesses on your person during a dive, or just with you on the boat?

I have pockets on my suits, so the spare mask goes with me on all dives.

Henrik

I have pockets on my suits, so the spare mask goes with me on all dives.Henrik
Wet suit pockets solve a lot of storage issues.

I have moved up to Halcyon Explorer pockets on the drysuit...

Nice. I've never seen those before. Are they much bigger than the DUI pockets?

Looks like George's "No zippers on pockets" thing has been thrown out the window.

deco and cave dives. pretty much any dive requiring a long exit. cold doesnt matter. the ice cream headache only lasts for a few minutes. :-D

Looks like George's "No zippers on pockets" thing has been thrown out the window.

i can fit wet notes, backup mask, and three spools into a single pocket. the zipper pocket is tiny - only big enough for a couple arrow or cookies.

they're massive. the zippered flap pocket is nice. I keep a couple extra big delrin arrows in there for exploration. maybe a double ender. I wouldn't put anything important in there though (not that it's big enough to hold anything important)

Like a lot of other posters, I take a back up mask in my hip pocket most of the time, but sometimes don't bother. It is very rare to lose a mask, and the trouble of defogging a back up mask all the time when you never use it can get a little monotonous.

Sometimes it is just risk/reward. I would thumb the dive for a lost fin as well, but don't plan on ever carrying backup fins.

they're massive. the zippered flap pocket is nice. I keep a couple extra big delrin arrows in there for exploration. maybe a double ender. I wouldn't put anything important in there though (not that it's big enough to hold anything important)

DUI's cargo pockets are very similar (possibly even identical), and the DUI logo costs about the same as the Halcyon logo :)

DUI's cargo pockets are very similar (possibly even identical), and the DUI logo costs about the same as the Halcyon logo :)

cool. I've never seen it so I can't comment.

halcyon makes two though, which one is the dui similar to? I happen to have both laying around:

nfyPc.jpg

On a dive when you really need a backup mask, I think it behooves you to go ahead and defog it before the dive. Some of us even keep it in a plastic sandwich bag so the defog doesn't wear off on the long ones.

As for the zipper, I wouldn't put one between you and something you might need to get at. I'll put trinkets in there from time to time (maybe a few stage leashes or a spare bottom timer), but none of my more critical equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom