spare camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daptonema

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, so I bit the bullet and bought an sp350 with ikelite housing. The place I bought it from has a discounted ex-demo sp350. Is it worth buying a spare or am I being overly cautious (worrying about floods etc!)

Excellent idea, for two reasons. First, if and when you flood, you will have a housing for a camera that is probably no longer available (they all go that way in a couple of years, and the SP is already on its way out). Second, if you want to take topside shots, you don't have to pull your camera out of its housing or deal with great pics spoiled by water spots on the lens. For this reason, and the sweet deals now available, I now own two SP's.

Buy the spare - I'm living on the edge having only one 7070 ,they're still too expensive even on e-bay. The peace of mind will be worth the money, let alone having a spare to take with you on trips.

Get one while the getting is good.

I have two Olympus C4000Z's and paid $200. each for them way back when they were available as re-furbs.

There still going just like that bunny on batteries.

Me, too! I vote to get a spare if you like your current model. Saves having to mess around with finding another one if something bad happens. And as Larry said - you have one for topside and it's much easier to have a whole different camera than shoot with one in the housing or risk opening and closing the housing more often.

Another vote for getting the spare. I have two Sonys and my odds of flooding have gone way down.

I boughta second hand spare of the local equivalent of e Bay for a very good price and it makes me feel much more comfortable about my investment, not only in the housing but the lens adaptors and the whole caboodle. Of course if I loose or fatally damage the housing.....

Alison

hmm. I guess that is right.

Your odds go down cause you are not handling everything..I never thought about that!

less chance of a hair, a nicked O ring. Okay...I'm convinced.

You guys are brilliant around here.

oops

(do o rings need to "rest" and have the pressure relieved in between dives?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom