Spanish translation bit off topic, lol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or even better in Cozumel

"Yo soy Cozumeleno, mi amigos es Chilangos" !

For those of us in Texas, that would be "I am a Texan, these guys are New Yorkers"!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Ack. Profesora Ramirez must be rolling over in her grave. I guess my first suggestion should have been;

No les conozco a estes idiotas.

Lo siento, Profesora.

I would have used the accusative and the plural masculine demonstrative adjective (estos is the plural of este): No conozco a estos idiotas.

For those of us in Texas, that would be "I am a Texan, these guys are New Yorkers"!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Since I live in Texas (15 years) and lived in New York (16 years), I like your T-shirt saying. How about this one for Cozumel... "I'm lost, where is the subway station ? " or "I'm lost, where is the ski slope ? "

I think the word you're looking for (to describe your friends) is "pendejo."

Silly me. I thought estos was the neuter pronoun

Esto is neuter, but in the plural it is masculine. A bit weird, I know.

The question is: where are you traveling? depending on the country, the translation to spanish may vary...
That is, what is funny in Argenitna may be offensive in Mexico and have no sense Colombia :)

If you let me know your destination I can provide a good answer for you :D

My turn to nitpick: "mis amigos son Chilangos"

If I may : viajar is the infinitive form. It would be "No viajo…".
I agree. However, why does "No fumar" mean "No smoking" and not "No fumando" (present participle) or "No fuma" (informal command form) or "No fume" (formal command form)?

Is "chingados" more acceptable, as in "No acompaño estos payasos chingados"?

No ando con estos idiotas?
Estos imbéciles no vienen conmigo?
No estoy con estos pendejos?

There are many ways to say it... however I'm not mexican and I wouldn't know what is the "most mexican" way to write what you want to say.

Just my 2cts.

Carlos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom