Spanish translation bit off topic, lol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stano

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going on a dive trip tomorrow with some buddies and am making a "special" shirt.

It's suppose to say "I'm not with these f'n clowns" in Spanish.

Can anyone translate this for me? I don't trust google translate.

Thanks
Stano

Be very careful with that...putos is a very bad word. Just ifnd out the Spanish word for clown and substitute it.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I Don't think a direct translation will suffice here. Better to encapsulate the spirit of the expression. Something like

No se estes idiotas
or
No tengo responsibilidad de mis amigos estupidos

That's what I think, but I'm not a native speaker, so...

In the same vein, how about "no viajar con esos tontos"? Translation: Not travelling with those idiots. Or "no se" (don't know), as suggested -- I like that one or, more formally, "yo no se" (I don't know.)

Going on a dive trip tomorrow with some buddies and am making a "special" shirt.

It's suppose to say "I'm not with these f'n clowns" in Spanish.

Can anyone translate this for me? I don't trust google translate.

Thanks
Stano

The literal translation has already been written "No estoy con estos putos payasos", though it´s not the best that means the same as in english. Besides the word "putos" has a very rude meaning.
For a T-shirt I would suggest "No estoy con estos jodidos payasos". The meaning is almost as what you want to say and "jodidos" is a word that accepts multiple meanings, from good to bad.

In the same vein, how about "no viajar con esos tontos"? Translation: Not travelling with those idiots. Or "no se" (don't know), as suggested -- I like that one or, more formally, "yo no se" (I don't know.)
If I may : viajar is the infinitive form. It would be "No viajo…".
"se" (from the verb "saber") means to know in an intellectual way. "To know someone" translates into "Conocer a alguien". For example :
"No conozco a ddeborah pero me cae bien" ;-)

You could also do:
"My friends are rich, charge them double the price".
Not a litteral translation, but how about : "Mis amigos tienen lana, cobrales mordida" (jk)

For a T-shirt I would suggest "No estoy con estos jodidos payasos". The meaning is almost as what you want to say and "jodidos" is a word that accepts multiple meanings, from good to bad.
I thought joder had a different meaning in Argentina and Mexico… ? :wink:

Great Mexican Spanish lesson here : Chistes de mexicanos - Cmo es el mexicano

Ack. Profesora Ramirez must be rolling over in her grave. I guess my first suggestion should have been;

No les conozco a estes idiotas.

Lo siento, Profesora.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom