Spanish Rocks on the 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it looks like the sky is starting to part with little winds right know. I'm going to load up and head out to see what happens. Hope to see someone there!!!!!

Whoa mama. Big surf but not too bad under water. Seas were jumping, but not to 8 feet! (see report so I don't have to type it twice) Viz fuzzy, still fuzzy. There must have been a lot of whales with colds swimming in the water. :wink: Almost zero viz till you get out to the ledges. Then 4-6. Lots, lots of crabs. See pics. There was one BIG Hogfish that got away. (Sorry MissD)

CMOST and git-r-dun joined me for the second dive. Current was a little pushy too. It pushed me a good 400 yds south. Over all good dive. Fun, new buds, and THE CRAB. Yum

Not sure how to link to photos unless I copy/paste:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/112091/cat/500

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Whoa mama. Big surf but not too bad under water. Seas were jumping, but not to 8 feet! (see report so I don't have to type it twice) Viz fuzzy, still fuzzy. There must have been a lot of whales with colds swimming in the water. :wink: Almost zero viz till you get out to the ledges. Then 4-6. Lots, lots of crabs. See pics. There was one BIG Hogfish that got away. (Sorry MissD)

CMOST and git-r-dun joined me for the second dive. Current was a little pushy too. It pushed me a good 400 yds south. Over all good dive. Fun, new buds, and THE CRAB. Yum

Yeah what he said. The viz was crap and the surge kicked my a$$ but it was a good dive and I'd do it again.:wink:

Nice claws! Does anyone plan on getting out to the Rocks this week if conditions improve? I'm on a mission to get crabs as soon as possible... Get your minds out of the gutter, you all know what I mean!

I Dive and I had an interesting day.

Got up early and checked the conditions which were not ideal.

We decided to check out the super secret spot at Indian Rocks. Too bad we didn't have our surfboards. Being stubborn we headed for Venice.

Conditions there were better. We geared up, and got in. I looked to my left and Dave had disappeared, and so had the light of day. Viz was null. I was on the bottom without first seeing it! Some how I managed to get a small rock in my inflator that would not release. We decided enough was enough, and called the dive.

I still consider it a success after everything. The company was great, and I did manage to burn some compressed air. All 50 pounds of it.:wink:

I Dive and I had an interesting day.

Got up early and checked the conditions which were not ideal.

We decided to check out the super secret spot at Indian Rocks. Too bad we didn't have our surfboards. Being stubborn we headed for Venice.

Conditions there were better. We geared up, and got in. I looked to my left and Dave had disappeared, and so had the light of day. Viz was null. I was on the bottom without first seeing it! Some how I managed to get a small rock in my inflator that would not release. We decided enough was enough, and called the dive.

I still consider it a success after everything. The company was great, and I did manage to burn some compressed air. All 50 pounds of it.:wink:

I took very detailed notes on the land location of that super secret spot. I can give directions to anyone now. As soon as conditions improve and I have a buddy for it, that location is getting done. I also think I am going to start some beach diving searches around here. I may end up seriously eating these words down the road, but I'm really starting to think that there are more worthwhile beach dives around here than most people are aware of. Anyone interested in teaming up with me to dive various beaches around here in the hope of finding more good beach dives?

OMGosh whale snot :rofl3: I'll have to remind msscuba about that. Nice claws :)

Glad y'all got your dive in. :yelclap:

Hate to rub it in but my dive today was AWESOME! Unlimited vis and flat calm! I could see the surface 135' above. Of course I was in a spring, through a swamp, but the dives were great. Did Beauford and Eagles Nest. In the nest there were lots of cave divers on a deco stop the entire time Lannie and I were in NDC dive. Poor guys had to stay behind after we came in, swam around and left them there.
The trek to Beauford wasnt as difficult as I remembered it in the past, although the swamp had standing water in patches all around. We did come prepared with a wagon to tote the gear in close. Hopefully I will be ablt to post some pics Lannie took soon.
Undoubtly the BEST freshwater dives I have been on yet.

Hate to rub it in but my dive today was AWESOME! Unlimited vis and flat calm! I could see the surface 135' above. Of course I was in a spring, through a swamp, but the dives were great. Did Beauford and Eagles Nest. In the nest there were lots of cave divers on a deco stop the entire time Lannie and I were in NDC dive. Poor guys had to stay behind after we came in, swam around and left them there.
The trek to Beauford wasnt as difficult as I remembered it in the past, although the swamp had standing water in patches all around. We did come prepared with a wagon to tote the gear in close. Hopefully I will be ablt to post some pics Lannie took soon.
Undoubtly the BEST freshwater dives I have been on yet.

Suhweet. Be sure to start another thread or put it in the Tampa chat so more people will read it. :)

those claws looked tasty. what's the proper way to get them off the crab? is there a special trick that works better than just yanking them off? i'm a complete noob when it comes to crabbing so if you could spare some pointers i'd appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom