Spanish Rocks on the 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After all the checking I did and the forcasts I see I am still going to chance it. The worst that will happen is I get there and call the dive. Then I'll just go find something else to do while I'm down there.

Maybe we should bring some surf boards instead of dive gear!! I can't find any report of 8' seas. It has calmed down here and the rain has stopped. I live not to far from the site. I will tell you that after the hassle it took to get my tanks filled since most LDS owners are at DEMA I need to dive. I'm sure that there should be someone else who will be there. I hope!!

I have three in my party so we should be good. I'm getting there between 9:30 and 10:00.

Maybe I wasn't too clear.

MissD said today there 8 foot seas, and tomorrow they were calling for rough conditions. While we were eating you could still see the white-caps in the Bay.

Even at 2-4 feet on the gulf we all know that viz may be a foot. The report even states moderate chop. I'm game for some surfing. :wink:

Dave and I were talking about may be hitting a spring instead. I'm easy...

MissD said today there 8 foot seas, and tomorrow they were calling for rough conditions. While we were eating you could still see the white-caps in the Bay.

Yeah that was yesterday and earlier today. Here is the NOAA for tomorrow http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/html/tbw/ (you have to remember though they aren't always right and CMOST said it has been laid down out there):

REST OF TONIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH 10
TO 15 KNOTS BY MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET
AFTER MIDNIGHT. BAY AND INLAND WATERS CHOPPY...THEN BECOMING A
MODERATE CHOP. SHOWERS LIKELY AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SATURDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

If y'all decide you want pizza, remember that Solos doesn't open 'til late. However, the one on Gulf and Cortez was busy and smelled really good :D Hope tomorrow works out for y'all. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

GRD,

Sounds good I'll see you there between 9:30 / 10:00. :D

I'm getting out there around 8-8:30. Weather permitting of course. Hopefully getting wet by 9. The weather might take the afternoon and I want to get a second tank in. If anyone wants to find me, my dive flag will have a green marking tape(like a streamer)tied to it. I'm going straight out maybe a little south. Just don't come up from behind and scare the $h1t out me.

Early fish catches the CRAB!

Just to let ya'll know.. It's been raining off & on here since about 4:30 this AM (when I got up)..

If you're going, have fun!!

I may head down there later today but won't be there for the 10:00 A.M. dive. Hope everyone has an awesome dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom