Spanish Rocks on Sunday 3-22-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I should have read the post about Monday's time a little more carefully! :dork2: 10:00 AM would work great for me if we can tag along.

Last edited:
Hey, Moteman- did you ever dive Spanish Rocks on Sunday? A couple of Scubaboard dive buddies and I dove it on Monday. Water clarity was good but had a bit of "biological turbidity" knocking the vis a bit but looked to be about 20 ft or so. Saw some great wildlife and saw some bigger ledges this time. There seems to be a lot of algae growth obscuring the reef right now. I wonder how long it will take to clear up?

Hey, Moteman- did you ever dive Spanish Rocks on Sunday? A couple of Scubaboard dive buddies and I dove it on Monday. Water clarity was good but had a bit of "biological turbidity" knocking the vis a bit but looked to be about 20 ft or so. Saw some great wildlife and saw some bigger ledges this time. There seems to be a lot of algae growth obscuring the reef right now. I wonder how long it will take to clear up?

It's day and night compared to just 4 months ago. The brown algae is covering 85-90 percent of the reef.

I hope some strong spring storms wipe the algae away.

Kurt, see my dive report posted on 3-22-09, and the post right above yours on this thread.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom