Spanish Rocks on Sunday 3-22-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone dove spanish rocks lately? Viz reports for shore divers in Venice have been great(15-20 ft) and the rocks should be even better. #1 dive buddy (wife) and I are planning to dive the rocks on sunday...if anyone else is interested.

Has anyone dove spanish rocks lately? Viz reports for shore divers in Venice have been great(15-20 ft) and the rocks should be even better. #1 dive buddy (wife) and I are planning to dive the rocks on sunday...if anyone else is interested.

We had plans to go there Sunday, but the wife threw out her back. Could one more tag along?

Reef, you're always welcome to join. GTD, water temps have been upper 60's surface, mid 60's @20 fsw. IF we go, it'll be around noon. The weather isn't looking promising. I'll look at it again in the morning and make a decision then. Here is what's predicted right now:
SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DECREASING TO 10 TO 15
KNOTS DURING THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAY AND INLAND
WATERS CHOPPY...BECOMING A MODERATE CHOP DURING THE AFTERNOON

The talk at the SB Sand Key meet and greet is a few divers will TRY to make a dive at Spanish Rocks on Monday as well. Hopefully the winds will lay down even further and make a decent dive.
Jay, Kurt, and DEF were the divers.

The talk at the SB Sand Key meet and greet is a few divers will TRY to make a dive at Spanish Rocks on Monday as well. Hopefully the winds will lay down even further and make a decent dive.
Jay, Kurt, and DEF were the divers.

Yeah, it seemed Monday would work better for the group.

We plan on meeting at 10am Monday.

Mote can you make it?

Just did 2 dives at the Rocks today. Water was 68 - 70. The viz was good 10' - 15' at the 20'+ depth. Lots of life that I finally got to see!!

Yeah, it seemed Monday would work better for the group.

We plan on meeting at 10am Monday.

Mote can you make it?

If we don't dive tomorrow, I can probably make monday, although #1 dive buddy is working so I'll be solo.

I'm planning on going tomorrow with my son. Tomorrow I'm thinking of going around 9:00 AM. I'm interested in monday if a group is going - just need to know the time. That's if you don't mind two more people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom