Space Coast Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are considering a move to Satellite Beach and was wondering if anyone has any information on diving in the Canaveral to Sebastian area. We are particularly interested in beach/kayak diving. Are there any good beach/kayak diving spots in the area? Can anyone recommend a local dive shop or dive charter? Are there any local dive clubs?

70 people read this post and no one had anything to say? That by itself speaks volumes. Either there is no diving in the area, there are no divers in the area or there are no scuba board members in this area. Whichever the case is, I guess I wasted my time.

None that I know of. Drive an hour and a half south and you will be in Jupiter (some of the best diving in FL). A bunch of good dive boats in Jupiter (Capt. SL8TR, JDC, Emerald, just to name a few) . Drive another hour and you will be in the Pompano / LBTS area which is great for shore dives/kayak dives. If you do a search for lauderdale by the sea or pompano drop off you will find lots of info on how to do these dives. One thing of note, first 2 ledges north of commercial pier are covered with sand. I'm not sure how far it extends, but I'd stick to south of the pier unless you get word of where to enter north of the pier to see more than sand covered reef. If you have any questions about the LBTS area give Steve a call at Gold Coast Scuba and he will give you all the info you need.

The space coast is not known for its diving. Like Acteg said, many divers just drive down to Jupiter (I dive with Jupiter Dive Ctr frequently). There is some shore diving a little south of where you'll be relocating but it is heavily weather dependent as I understand matters (never dove at any of the locations). If you search this forum for Vero Beach or Sebastian, you might find some info. Here's some other links:

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Vero Beach of Florida, USA East

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Fort Pierce Inlet State Recreation Area of Florida, USA East

I believe Deep 6 Divers stores in Stuart and Vero keep their pulse on shore diving north of Jupiter. ScubaSteve periodically posts information in SB. You might try calling the shop(s) and asking for Steve.

Deep Six in FL: Reef, Sanuk, Olukai sandals, Costa sunglasses, Aqualung Dive equipment - Locations

You can beach dive like 45min south off vero beach depending on the Viz. The first reef is like 100ft off the beach and continues out pretty far. Great dive when you have decent viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom