SP Twin jets.....spring straps please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ragnar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can someone help so I don't have to think about this anymore? I want some regular Tech-style spring straps to fit Twin Jets. They have to be about 14" as the ones for jetfins are about 11" and way too small. I really don't want those ones with plates and pull tabs in the back either.........just spring, vinyl, and cave-line:)

....or maybe someone has a link on how to properly make them and could tell me exactly what kind of springs to use?

Thanks!!!!!

Sweet.....
Do those have a line inside to prevent over-stretch, or do ya do that yourself? Which size did you order?

Thanks!!

Mine are extra large, but large might have been a better fit. Mine work, but have hardly any stretch of the spring when on.

Ragnar:
Can someone help so I don't have to think about this anymore? I want some regular Tech-style spring straps to fit Twin Jets. They have to be about 14" as the ones for jetfins are about 11" and way too small. I really don't want those ones with plates and pull tabs in the back either.........just spring, vinyl, and cave-line:)

....or maybe someone has a link on how to properly make them and could tell me exactly what kind of springs to use?

Thanks!!!!!

Wayward Son has a great instructions on that one. I'm not sure about the Twin Jets. Are they post or buckle. I just installed a buckle using a SS buckle and it looks great and is fairly easy to make. You can then customize the spring sleeve cover (I use nylon tubing in DIR black but have made one with bright orange).

Excellent info here. I spent much time on those threads posted above by dlndavid when I was buying and or making my spring straps. YMMV, but I cut my cave line out of my purchased straps as I figure it will take years or decades before my spring straps wear out or over stretch. The springs are really tough! The string also came untied once and the idea of string hanging around and not doing anything just made me think it could also be a snag hazard, although unlikely if watched.

Maybe if the ones you use are REALLY short and therefore super tight and you use them daily, then maybe they will stretch out too much. I have never read or heard of anyone having this problem but the string obviously was invented and added so it must have happened to someone right...Anyone?

Ragnar: Nice avatar. For a moment I thought you were JeffG.

You can get a lot of the components from mcmastercarr.com. I'm not sure about the part numbers but I know they have been posted on here before.

SeanQ:
Ragnar: Nice avatar. For a moment I thought you were JeffG.

You can get a lot of the components from mcmastercarr.com. I'm not sure about the part numbers but I know they have been posted on here before.

Thanks Sean. Does JeffG have the same one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom