SP Tactical G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But let's get back to the serious side of this thread. I'd agree that the P226 is a good sidearm pick; rock solid and time tested--but then I've always been a Sig guy. I'm curious as to which AR you think might be the right choice to round out your tactical kit. I mean, have you ever come face-to-face with a sea cucumber at 80'? Hell of a time to have any kind of gear failure, dude.

But let's get back to the serious side of this thread. I'd agree that the P226 is a good sidearm pick; rock solid and time tested--but then I've always been a Sig guy. I'm curious as to which AR you think might be the right choice to round out your tactical kit. I mean, have you ever come face-to-face with a sea cucumber at 80'? Hell of a time to have any kind of gear failure, dude.

There is a thread in the DIY forum on how to make a bang stick out of surplus 105 mm tank rounds. Forget a sea cuke that baby could take out Moby Dick or punch a hole in the hull of fishing boat that ignores your dive flag. Make sure you get the tank rounds the 105 mm Howitzer rounds are not powerful enough.

kinda surprised to see so many people hate on a reg simply for a word used in the name. I have no idea what would make a breathing device "tactical", 3 bubble burst? But they could call it the "poopsnot" for all I care as long as it breathes well

I don't think it is hating on the reg as much as the marketing morons that come up with this stuff. Do people really fall for this marketing BS?

I don't think it is hating on the reg as much as the marketing morons that come up with this stuff. Do people really fall for this marketing BS?

Yes. They really do. One high end regulator promises to "make you look like a rock star." Who could resist that?

Sigs have DECOCKERS. Bah! BAH!

: )

This is the one you want, Bro:

View attachment 175969

Some flat black acrylic and Shazam! You too can be the envy of all the local kids

---------- Post added January 24th, 2014 at 08:00 PM ----------

Sigs have DECOCKERS. Bah! BAH!

: )

My Sauer 38H has a decocker. It is a lovely little thing, a joy to contemplate, a pleasure to use. Come to think of it, my Walther PPK and PP (9mm Kurz) also have decocking mechanisms of a sort, though not as smooth or cleanly purpose designed as the Sauer und Sohn little marvel. Decades ahead of its time.

Hogan
My Sauer 38H has a decocker. It is a lovely little thing, a joy to contemplate, a pleasure to use. Come to think of it, my Walther PPK and PP (9mm Kurz) also have decocking mechanisms of a sort, though not as smooth or cleanly purpose designed as the Sauer und Sohn little marvel. Decades ahead of its time.
I'll keep my HKs with 4# LEM triggers and Glocks. Only safety I need is my finger. I know Sig has a similar trigger system to the LEM, called the DAK, but I have yet to try their version of it. It is intriguing though

From regs to guns, maybe ScubaPro will read this thread and come out with a matching set, buy a tactical reg and a gun and get free parts and ammo for life:D

Hogan

I'll keep my HKs with 4# LEM triggers and Glocks. Only safety I need is my finger. I know Sig has a similar trigger system to the LEM, called the DAK, but I have yet to try their version of it. It is intriguing though

Glocks are pragmatic working tools. Extremely efficient, I agree. My pre-1945 pieces are in some ways works of art, of high craftsmanship, of ingenuity, and redolent with history. I handle most of them with white cotton museum gloves. We have different perspectives. The perfect 99% Walther PP in 9mm Short with two numbered magazines and a droop winged eagle Luftwaffe marked soft leather holster would buy a box of Glocks. My 1914 DMW Naval Luger is worth a big box of Glocks. I agree it's certainly not the best choice as a carry weapon. For that kind of thing I'd choose a Glock, or a Sig- Sauer, a descendant of my 38H.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom