SP Reg ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TightLines

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick hand from those of you experienced with SP regs. I'm looking at buying the attached from a friend of a friend but am having trouble IDing it.

Can someone give me an ID on the 1st stage model in the attached photo? Second stage seems to be an S600T...

Thanks for your help.

3s43Ne3Hd5I35G95t5d6t37fcfb9dda15136b.jpg

Mk20 or Mk25.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm unfamiliar with a titanium MK20 or the black plastic piece near the LP ports.

The pic is hard to see. That black plastic piece (cap) is just scratch protection and can be eliminated.

It does help a bit for dating: black cap on LP side, oval ambient ports: around 1999/2000, last iteration of the MK20 before the MK25. I have the same one in brass, still working great.

Be aware that Scubapro recalled MK20s at some point to have the yoke retainers replaced with one that couldn't fail through over-torqueing. You may wish to check if the upgrade was done. I don't know if it was a warranty item. The link from Scubapro is below. I believe it was only ever a problem when someone reassembled it and swung hard on a big spanner so it might not worry you.

http://www.scubapro.com/media/106079/mk20servicerecall.pdf

If you can provide us with the first 2 numbers of the serial number (located on the front of the first stage,) this would give us a better idea if it's a MK20 or MK25. But I am betting it's a titanium MK25/S600.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom