SP Mk25T - SP S650T retail price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stijn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

Someone is offering me a great discount on a scubapro Mk25T with scubapro S650T but I don't know the regular retail price.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

I am not sure if you mean S600T or X650 for the second stage.

The Mk 25T with an S600T second stage retails for $1398.

For comparision puposes,

The Mk 25 SA with an S600 second stage retails for $750.

The Mk 25 with an X650 second stage retails for $602.

The Mk 25 with S600 retails for the same $602.

The Mk 25 with G250 second stage retails for $552.

Personally, it would have to be a very good deal for me to buy a Mk 25T anything. The Titanium Mk 25 first stage imposes some limits with nitrox use that the other Mk 25 first stages do not and the Mk 25 SA is about the same weight and offers identical performance for a lot less money. If the price is down to the $750 cost of a Mk 25 SA S600, then it may be worth considering.

No, he means MK25T/X650T. This model is sold in Asian market from the beginning when SP launched X650 on the market. There are a couple of items that aren’t available in U.S. market. For example, MK25T/X650T, K5 Titanium knife, dry suit, and MK17, etc….. SP considers Asian market as a good “test market,” pay high and less warranty service (even no recall on time). Someday, SP will get some big lessons from that market though. Anyway, SP MK25T/X650T is about the same MSRP as MK25T/S600T, so go figure.

Thanks for the info DA! The discount I would get would be worth it but I think I will not buy it because of the limits with nitrox use and the discounted price would still be over my budget :(

What is the exact problem anyway with titanium and Nitrox diving?

Thanks

hoosier:
No, he means MK25T/X650T. This model is sold in Asian market from the beginning when SP launched X650 on the market. There are a couple of items that aren’t available in U.S. market. For example, MK25T/X650T, K5 Titanium knife, dry suit, and MK17, etc….. SP considers Asian market as a good “test market,” pay high and less warranty service (even no recall on time). Someday, SP will get some big lessons from that market though. Anyway, SP MK25T/X650T is about the same MSRP as MK25T/S600T, so go figure.

They also have the Mk17. Looks pretty nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom