Sp-350/photoshop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We just got PSCS2 and loads of pictures to import into it from the Olympus Master program but can't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?

I don’t know much about Olympus, but I know a lot about Photoshop… So I will help the best I can. Digital camera software simply moves files off your camera onto your hard drive.

Most of them tell you what folder they are being imported to. Once you know that, then you simply open Photoshop and click “File—Open” then navigate to the folder where the pictures are contained. You can select multiple images to open by clicking one once to highlight it and then shift click the last one you want and it will select everything in between. Then just click “open” and the images will appear in PS.

If they were shot in RAW then the best thing to do would be to open the images from Bridge (comes with PS). But that’s another tutorial.

You might have to use the File "import" to bring it into the RAW conversion program. I don't have CS, but on PS7 I had to add the Adobe Olympus RAW converter (available on the Olympus website). Then you just go to "File..Import" and identify the picture from the folder it's in.

Larry C:
You might have to use the File "import" to bring it into the RAW conversion program. I don't have CS, but on PS7 I had to add the Adobe Olympus RAW converter (available on the Olympus website). Then you just go to "File..Import" and identify the picture from the folder it's in.

CS2 comes with Adobe Bridge which has a raw editor built in. It will allow you to make non-destructive adjustments before it gets to Photoshop. I don’t see much use for Bridge other than that but it would save them from having to download more software.

If you're just using the Olympus Master program as it was installed, your photos are stored in directories with long number titles in:

C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\OLYMPUS\OLYMPUS Master\store\XXXXXXXX

Where default is the name of your computer and XXXXXXXX is a directory with a long numeric name. Note that if you have "Do not show hidden files and folders" checked in your Explorer Folder Options - Advanced Options - you won't see the folder called Application Data on your desktop.

You can open any of those directories from CS2. There is really no import function to bring photos into CS2. About all you could do is copy all the numbered directories to My Documents\My Pictures or some easier to find location. CS2 will default to the directory you set it to or the last used directory - I forget which.

Another, imho easier way to work with the SP350 (unless you particularly like using Olympus Master) is to just copy your images directly off the memory card. When you plug the camera in it becomes a "removable disk (drive E: on my PC)" in Windows Explorer with a folder called DCIM. The folders below that contain your images. If you cut and paste them to your hard drive you won't have to delete them off the camera later.

Great! Thanks for all the tips everyone. I did shoot 1/2 the photos in RAW and we downloaded them to the laptop on our trip so we needed the Master Oly to get a good view of the photos. I have the bridge for RAW.
Any recomendations on a good tutorial book for PSCS2? I was looking at getting the Adobe classroom book.

Hi,
I use iTunes podcast to get numerous PS tips. It is very informative for beginners like me, and some advance tips too.

Back
Top Bottom