SP-350 from Olympus (refurb / eBay)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought an SP-350 ($212 w/ shipping) from Olympus off eBay (a refurbished model). I know Costco is also selling this but it was slightly cheaper to get it from Olympus (Costco shipping was more + there was sales tax). Shipping was very prompt, the packaging wasn't that robust but the camera came in fine shape and works well.

Good thing I had the xD that came with my (now flooded) C-5050 so I could check it out because you don't get any media when you buy the SP-350.

I put some slightly used AA's in the camera and the camera didn't like them at all. So I installed the "Olympus Master" software and discovered they ship the old version of this software. I installed it from the CD and it prompted me to update (nice touch). However, it took forever to upgrade to the most recent version. I probably wouldn't recommend doing that if all you want to do is update the camera firmware. When I finally did the firmware check, the camera did have the original firmware. So when Olympus refurbishes the camera (at least this one) they did not update the firmware, which is a slight disappointment.

After the firmware update, the camera really likes AA's and I'm sure my 2500 mAH Duracell lithium ions will work well in the camera. Slightly more convenient than the CR-V3 battery.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase from Olympus America. Now I plan to use this (with a PT-030) as a backup / supplement to my Ikelite/C-5050 rig. :wink:

Is your duracell lithium 2500mh a rechargeable ones? How many pictures can u take with the 8mg pixels size? Have u tried how long using those batteries with the movie pictures will last?

Cause i just bought sp350 and it sucks when it comes to its batteries.i tried to upgrade the firmware but it has difficulty so i might go to c Olympus Indonesia about it.

thanks.

I am curious about that batteries too. I have the SP-350, upgraded the firmware and the other weekend while diving I got about 20 pics and the battery warning came on then the camera shut off. I was using 2500 mAH NoMEM batteries and they were fully charged. Then I tried to use some AA's I bought and I was getting the No Battery error. Seemed a bit strange to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom