Southwest To Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can request all you want - and I suspect in the case of MAX they will not force anyone to fly on it - but I'll bet your contract of carriage does not guarantee you any transport on any specific equipment no matter what your flight details said when you booked.

You are probably right.. If the airlines refuse to refund my $ I'll contest the charge with my credit card company that I used to pay for the airfare and let them sort it out. By law I can not be charged on a credit card for products and services other than those I agreed to regardless of whatever the airlines flying MAXs once they are certified again want to claim. That may bring in a new level of fighting between the credit card companies and the airlines because I am quite certain there are many others thinking the same as I am. With the amount of charges run through my primary cards every year, I think they'll simply reimburse me for the contested charge and deal with that mess on their own as they don't want to lose me as a card holder.

Boeing was the world's greatest airplane producer for decades but they pushed it too far with this plane and their 3rd party paid-by-Boeing engineering firm certified it and the FAA accepted that certification. At the end of the day the planes fell out of the sky and people died. Trump was right in his Tweet where he stated that pilots no longer fly airplanes, computers fly them. The Boeing 777 is a great 2 engine plane but 2 engines heading over 1000's of miles of ocean is a bit spooky to me. The Boeing 747 with 4 engines has racked up so many 100's of millions of miles with so few incidents it is the safest plane that was ever produced. If they filled the passenger cabin with concrete that plane would still take off with power to spare on a long runway. Unfortunately, the only 747's being produced today are cargo planes.

I was always amazed to see the 747 fly with the space shuttle riding piggyback.

You are probably right.. If the airlines refuse to refund my $ I'll contest the charge with my credit card company that I used to pay for the airfare and let them sort it out. By law I can not be charged on a credit card for products and services other than those I agreed to regardless of whatever the airlines flying MAXs once they are certified again want to claim. That may bring in a new level of fighting between the credit card companies and the airlines because I am quite certain there are many others thinking the same as I am. With the amount of charges run through my primary cards every year, I think they'll simply reimburse me for the contested charge and deal with that mess on their own as they don't want to lose me as a card holder.

Boeing was the world's greatest airplane producer for decades but they pushed it too far with this plane and their 3rd party paid-by-Boeing engineering firm certified it and the FAA accepted that certification. At the end of the day the planes fell out of the sky and people died. Trump was right in his Tweet where he stated that pilots no longer fly airplanes, computers fly them. The Boeing 777 is a great 2 engine plane but 2 engines heading over 1000's of miles of ocean is a bit spooky to me. The Boeing 747 with 4 engines has racked up so many 100's of millions of miles with so few incidents it is the safest plane that was ever produced. If they filled the passenger cabin with concrete that plane would still take off with power to spare on a long runway. Unfortunately, the only 747's being produced today are cargo planes.
Seriously? You felt the need to invoke a Trump Tweet where it has nothing to do with any of this?

Boeing was the world's greatest airplane producer for decades but they pushed it too far with this plane and their 3rd party paid-by-Boeing engineering firm certified it and the FAA accepted that certification.
Really! Many considered them the best. "If it ain't Boing, I ain't going." But a lot of people have changed there over the decades, and the current crop just shot themselves.

The Boeing 777 is a great 2 engine plane but 2 engines heading over 1000's of miles of ocean is a bit spooky to me.
Isn't it capable of finishing the flight on one if needed? I'm sure it's more cost effective than the overpowered 747.

I was always amazed to see the 747 fly with the space shuttle riding piggyback.
That pair flew over my house during a birthday picnic one year, low and clearly visible as together.

Seriously? You felt the need to invoke a Trump Tweet where it has nothing to do with any of this?
:rofl3:

I thought all of Southwest's available schedules, through April I think, don't include the Max. You cant book SW far out.

Yes, we booked our flight for March but couldn't book the return flight for April yet. Now we'll have to check for flights to CZM instead of CUN :)

We just re-booked our flight in April. The points were not a whole lot more than from LAX to CUN and we are flying out of Ontario, our local airport! There are two stops and one plane change but timewise it comes to slightly less that driving to LAX, then taking the ADO and the WinJet. Maybe when they get the MAX 8's flying again we can get some direct flights (not that I'm going to get on one of the MAX 8's). We don't have a return flight yet as it's too far out for their calendar. Costwise, I'll have to re-do it with dollars instead of points but since we won't be paying for an airport shuttle or parking, a bus ride, and a ferry ride it might actually come out to less :)

Now I just have to try and remember all the rules for CZM. They seem to be fussier than CUN about lithium batteries and such. We've only been to CZM one trip (in and out) and they had bins full of stuff they took away from passengers and that was in a small puddle jumper (MAYAir). Heck, I might even bring some lead weights and push the 50 pound checked bag limits as long as I can find a good place to leave the weights on the island.

When the MAX flys again it will be one of the safest planes out there lol. I wouldnt hesitate to fly on it...........they will check everything 1000x and then another 1000x before it flys again.

I'm giving SWA to CZM a try April 20-May 4. Tix are booked.

SWA finally published fares from/to Lubbock, American is cheaper even with bag fees. I’m staying with the devil I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom