Southwest into Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I buy my return bus ticket a day in advance.

Because our trip was so, so slow, I'm going to take a real hard look at the alternatives. By the time we arrived at T3, I was snarling at anything and everyone. which of course, makes the wife happy, which of course ......

200 pesos would be an irresistible price to me.
The last time I had made the trip I had dragged my bags from the ferry and was tired and hot by the time I made it to the bus station, the last thing I wanted to do was wait around and get on a bus. I was quoted 700 Peso's to get to the airport and jumped on that, about a 40 minute drive. This time I made a $3 investment and had one of the trike guys carry my bags, what a difference that made in my attitude when I got to the bus station.

PS, just an FYI I noticed they have a luggage storing service at the bus station, I don't know the cost but could be useful.

I flew Southwest the end of December and we went into the new Terminal 4, which is a very nice terminal and big upgrade. I don't use ADO, so I can't speak to that. I always use Playa del Carmen Tours, Activities and Excursions and enjoy walking out of the terminal to a smiling face, my name on a placard and whisked directly to a waiting private van. If traveling in a small group, it is definitely the way to go, in my opinion and can save a considerable amount of time.
Thanks, that’s what I will do!

PS, just an FYI I noticed they have a luggage storing service at the bus station, I don't know the cost but could be useful.

I've used it before. I don't recall the rates. It was an hourly peso charge, different amounts for average bag and very large bag. Something under $100/hour. We had a late afternoon flight out of Cancun, came over early morning from Coz, stored bags, and took colectivo down to Akumal to snorkel. Bags get weighed, tagged, and stored on shelves. Seemed secure. Biggest drawback is it is upstairs so you have to drag your bags up and down the stairs.

I've used it before. I don't recall the rates. It was an hourly peso charge, different amounts for average bag and very large bag. Something under $100/hour.
A hundred bucks an hour?

A hundred bucks an hour?

Pesos. It's Mexico. And I'm cheap. I don't recall the exact amount but I wouldn't have paid more than about $20usd total for it.

We stored the bags for about 3-4 hours. Got there 10ish, stored bags, took colectivo to Akumal, snorkeled, had lunch, showered, got a deal on a taxi, back at ADO 2ish. There aren't too many scenarios where I would need to store bags there but I'm comfortable with that option now.

In Playa del Carmen (ADO bus station), the rate is about $10 pesos...probably per hour. There may be size aspects as well.

Came back yesterday and it was T4,T2 and T3. There was not an empty seat on the bus. The bus had originated in Tulum and was almost full when it arrived. All the other times I have taken the bus it was empty when I got on in Playa. There was another airport bus at the station, it must have been the normal one.
Cab drivers were trying to get me to take a shared cab for 200 Peso. Never done that so I was a little leery to try it.

As long as it was a real taxi driver and a real taxi. I've had people try to sell me rides in just about anything but at first glance they looked official enough, with their airport badges and all. Was that $200 pesos per person? If so, that's not much more than the bus.

I asked the same question recently and just want to know where to get on the ADO from Terminal 4. Perhaps if I read the rest of this thread... I have asked people at the airport (Terminal 3) and have been told just about anything including "there is no bus" and that was from people who appeared to work at/for the airport.

I asked the same question recently and just want to know where to get on the ADO from Terminal 4. Perhaps if I read the rest of this thread... I have asked people at the airport (Terminal 3) and have been told just about anything including "there is no bus" and that was from people who appeared to work at/for the airport.

After you leave customs you will walk a ways then pass through a mural like glass door. Before that is an ADO ticket booth on the right.

Then ahead you have two options. Straight ahead is a Family and Friends exit. Don't take that one. (Before you take one there is another ADO ticket booth to the right.) Turn left instead and walk a hundred yards or so to all the transfer company folks. Make a right at the "D" walkway to where the buses are located. Easy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom