Southold Town Beach, Long Island, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be interested in tagging along if you guys don't mind. It may take some getting used to this cold LI water again after being in Hawaii.

I'm getting over a cold now but if I feel up to it on Saturday I'll meet up with the rest of you. PM me.

-John

Heya's,
I work on Saturdays so no can do. Actually calling in sick on Sunday to hopefully continue my AOW dives out at Ponqougue Bridge.
I've been partial to LI Scuba in Lindenhurst. Taking my classes there and they have taken the time and given me good deals with/on equipment. November I'll have a couple of Saturday mornings to coem out and play.

You are all welcome to join us, but let me give you a heads up on how we do dive get togethers.

We normally don't arrange them through E-mails and PM as some who might have wanted to dive won't know what's up. Also, all the back and forth can get a bit cumbersome if the group gets too big :wink:

We have a section on our club web site just for this, and it works well. Go to http://www.wreckvalley.com and register. Click on "Board" to get to the forum section, and you will see a section titled "Where are you diving this week".

It's really simple this way. If you are doing something interesting, post it there. If you want to go diving, a quick check anytime wil let you know what everyone in the club is doing. Things are winding down a bit now, but in the summer, you will usually find several choices every week as we don't all do everything together.

Check it out! I will check the weather, and post some times and ideas for a Saturday shore dive tomorrow night.

Scott

CaptSaaz:
Heya's,
I work on Saturdays so no can do. Actually calling in sick on Sunday to hopefully continue my AOW dives out at Ponqougue Bridge.
I've been partial to LI Scuba in Lindenhurst. Taking my classes there and they have taken the time and given me good deals with/on equipment. November I'll have a couple of Saturday mornings to coem out and play.

If you're willing to dive wet in November, then I'll surely make some time to dive with you :wink:

Good luck with, and enjoy, your AOW dives.......

Hi Y'all,

Scott- Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes peeled for your posts about Saturday.

Captsaaz AND Scott- we did our night/nav cert dives on 11/2/02 at Dutch, wet. Water was a balmy 57 degrees at the surface. Not so bad when you consider we had snow flurries on the drive up! :wink:

JGB- Thanks for chiming in, keep your eye on Scott's posts and hopefully we'll get a dive or two in before the snow flies! :11:

Craig

Hey if any of you guys are looking for something to do on Sunday, we'll be at Dutch...

Jonny_Rocket:
Hey if any of you guys are looking for something to do on Sunday, we'll be at Dutch...

Thanks for the invite but this Sunday is no good for me. Me and Kris (my SO and buddy) are looking to go to DS for Friday and Saturday 10/22 and 10/23. If you're around, just look for the hottest woman there, she'll be with a tall long haired guy with a goofy smile. If you find yourselves over by the East wall, in the neighborhood of the fire truck, keep your eye out for a beat up looking bass with a big scar just in front of his dorsal fin. His name is "Henry". One crayfish and he'll be your personal tourguide. Then again, why would you want to be anywhere near the firetruck on a Sunday?? :eyebrow:

Happy Diving!

Craig

Hmmm......

Here is a snippet of the marine forecast for this weekend.

Fri Night... S winds 25 to 30 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Seas 6 to 9 ft...building to 8 to 11 ft after midnight. Showers likely until early morning...then a chance of showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sat... SW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...decreasing to 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt in the afternoon. Seas 9 to 12 ft.
Sat Night... W winds 20 to 25 kt...decreasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 6 to 9 ft...subsiding to 4 to 7 ft after midnight.
Sun... W winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Mon... W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers.

They are calling for possible gale force winds Friday into Saturday :11:

Unless the idea of diving in a washing machine filled with mud, and on the spin cycle intrigues you, I'm not seeing a dive happening on Saturday. Crap!

If the winds turn west and calm down a bit more than the forecast is showing, Sunday might be OK on the north shore, There is a high tide around 2PM. We'll have to play it by ear.

TheOtherCraig:
Thanks for the invite but this Sunday is no good for me. Me and Kris (my SO and buddy) are looking to go to DS for Friday and Saturday 10/22 and 10/23. If you're around, just look for the hottest woman there, she'll be with a tall long haired guy with a goofy smile.
Craig

Jen and I will also be there on the 23rd with some of the WV gang. We're going to be trying out our new drysuits......

Scotty-I'll check out the site and join tonight. Between innings, watching the Yanks show Pedro who his daddy is... :wink:

Hopefully the weather clears up for Saturday, but I'd rather pass on the muddy washing machine scenario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom