Southold Town Beach, Long Island, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool photo, Scott! Proves the point of always having the camera even when you don't expect to take pics. Wish we were thinking that way today when we dove the Cedar Beach Jetty. I just completed a post in Wreck Valley about it, check it out! :)

ScottyK:
Craig,

Yes, definitely post a report on this site as Jen and I are always on the lookout for a new place to dive. Sometimes, just saying "screw it" and jumping in the water is the best way to find a great site. We have a couple of secret places that aren't in any book, and we've never seen another diver there.

The pic below is from one of our favorites, and why very few people, if any will ever find out where it is. We got this snap of a huge lobster right after he finished winning a territorial battle with another big one (you can just make out the losers claw on the right side of the pic as he scuttled away). This was in broad daylight and we got to watch the whole thing. It was fascinating, like live Discovery Channel. If a lot of divers found out about this place, every large lobster, Fluke and blackfish would be cleaned out in a matter of weeks. Not happening on my watch :wink:

Guess you can't tell me about this site, cause that fella would have been Sunday dinner.

DEEPLOU:
Guess you can't tell me about this site, cause that fella would have been Sunday dinner.

LOL- I started to get suspicious when he tried to tell me the lobster bib he was wearing was a horse collar BC........

BTW- I did make it down to LI Scuba over the weekend.....

Spoke to Ralph, who was a very nice guy. He gave me a great deal on a spare mask and steered me to a free DIY solution on something when he could have made a sale.

Add in the good prices and cool Doria artifact case, and I must admit........

I was impressed :eyebrow:

ScottyK:
BTW- I did make it down to LI Scuba over the weekend.....

Spoke to Ralph, who was a very nice guy. He gave me a great deal on a spare mask and steered me to a free DIY solution on something when he could have made a sale.

Add in the good prices and cool Doria artifact case, and I must admit........

I was impressed :eyebrow:

Glad to see you made it. YOu must have been in while i was in the pool area w/ Jeff. Although I didn't work Sat, I was at the shop almost all day anyway.

Gotta thank Pat Rooney for the Doria display. You gotta stop by when "the boys" are around (usually Fri evening)

I would have asked for you if I knew you were working on Saturday.

I'll probably be back in on Thursday or Friday night this week. I need to get us reweighted for our new drysuits.

For ease of quick adjustment, I'm going to pick up two weight belts and some 2lb bullets to use on Saturday. I figure we can dive with the belts until I have the proper amount nailed down, then I'll integrate it into out harnesses.

Let me know which of those two nights you'll be in, and I'll make sure I say hello while I'm there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom