Southern Swampers....interested in a cookout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It seems we've seldom gotten together this year, at least not like last year. I miss everyone!

The water at Twin Lakes is cooling off, the weather is getting cooler and it won't be long until a nice big bonfire is needed is the evenings after diving. Steaks on the grill, weenies on a stick, marshmellows dripping on tender hands...it's a changing of the seasons around the lake!

I'd like to have a gathering of the Swampers at Twin Lakes. Some Saturday would probably be best. Sometime in November would probably bring really cool late evening weather.

What so ya'll think? Anyone interested? T.P.H., Homey, ChrisPete, Tina, Tony and Bren? We've missed ya'll!

November is great. The only weekend bad for me is the 15th. Would love to get together again.

Dee,

We'll make if we can. Let's see how the date firm's up.

That leave the 8th or the 22nd.

Sounds like a plan......been workin like a dog, worked last night ,go back Sat. morn....thinkin to meself......"gonna go divin at the lakes on Friday,...gonna go divin at the lakes on Friday...he.he.." and looky at this weather......;-0 .......DANG! well, we'll see what tomorrow lookes like...see ya!

Could someone give me a little info on Twin Lakes? I have not dived there before, but it seems to be in the area. Thanks.

Dee,

The 8th or 22nd is great for me. Let me know what to bring! See you guys there.

Aeolus once bubbled...
Could someone give me a little info on Twin Lakes? I have not dived there before, but it seems to be in the area. Thanks.

TL was a sand pit for years until they hit the water table and it started filling faster than they could pump it out. It's roughly 20 acres with an average depth of around 30 ft, although the deepest has been reached in one spot at 53ft. There's normally 2 thermoclines, the first is variable as the summer progresses between 12-22ft and the second around 35ft. Viz in the spring is around 20ft but gets progresively worse as the summer and student count progress.

The lake is located in Manvel, Tex. on Hwy 6. Take Hwy 288 south from Houston, turn left (south) on Hwy 6 and go 2 miles. You'll See the sign Twin Lake RV and Scuba Park on your right, there street lamps on either side of the entrances. If you pass the Shamrock station, you've gone too far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom