Southern Swampers....are you wet yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What about this rain? Here on the east side, just north of I-10, we've had 13 straight days of rain. Last measurement showed almost 15in of rain. Luckily it's been mostly slow rains and it has run off just fine. But the ground is now soaked, the canals are full and we have thunderstorms predicted for the next two days!

Needless to say, there won;t be any diving at Twin Lakes Wednesday. Steve, Tina....how is it around there?

Ya'll stay dry and maybe we'll try for next week!

Looks like the sun came out over here this morning,not sure if thats what it is......let's see....big round glowing ball of gas in the sky....yep, bet thats what it is...been sooooo loooong since I seen it,think I'll go outside and dive in the ditch.:D

Sunny and clear today here too. Hey Homey....race you to the ditch... Last one in has fin rot!!!

Need any floating pumpkins?

The field where the church Pumpkin Patch is was saturated by the Isadore flood tide that put it under about 4' of water, then had that reinforced by another foot or so of rain from Lili. Since Lili I think we've had 2 days without rain at some time during the day. The last week it seems like it's been 2 to 4 inches a day. Water depth at the booth has generally been less than 6" this last week with a few excursions higher.

Considering the field is only 200 yards from the salt water, and is up at about 6' elevation on a sand substrate I'd say our water table has been replenished from the drought last year.

BTW October is usually our DRY month between September and May!

FT

We have seen much of the same in N. TX. Today is the first day it has totally cleared up in awhile. Its nice to see blue sky and the sun.

Cold front comming tomarrow night. Thursday evening... low 40's upper 30's.... Thats too cold for this time of year for us.

TwoBit

and I predicted it wasn't gonna freeze until November.

Anyone have a dry suit I can borrow and stand out in the sleet to claim it as an ice dive? :D

That's not really funny, I don't want another ice or snow storm that collapsed my carport and put me outa electricity for two weeks again; had to live off of generator and well water, but made it fine.

Preperation, preperation, preperation. And if all else fails; Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.

It was so nice down here yesterday. The pools of water are
clearing up and it's sunny. I can't make it tonight but I
bet the weather will be cool but nice. Have fun and
happy diving. See you all soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom