http://www.diveheart.org/

Southern Belize Needs Your Help!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBelize

New
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't violate the terms of the forums - I don't think it does, but I could be wrong.

However, I wanted all divers to know about what is happening with respect to southern Belize -- and the possible effects on the Southwater Marine Reserve, and the marine environment off Placencia south to Punta Gorda.
-----------------------------------------------------
The people of Belize, especially southern Belize, just learned on Tuesday, 28 May that next Tuesday, 4 June, the Government of Belize will decide whether to approve a proposal by Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) to bring large (mega) cruise ships to southern Belize – with their port at Crawl Caye in the Southwater Marine Reserve, part of the Belize Barrier Reef World Heritage Site, and about 8 miles off the Placencia coast. NCL says it plans to dredge Crawl Caye to increase its size by 20 acres – and Crawl is surrounded by coral. (For more information see cruise-threat )

We need to let the Government of Belize know what this will do for tourism in southern Belize – not just Placencia, but the entire south, including our cayes and reef.

Therefore, if you have the time, we would very much appreciate it if you could send emails to the following government officials and media letting them know what effect their approval of this proposal would have had on your decision to dive and vacation in southern Belize. (This list is also available at cruise-threat ) And, if you have any friends who have been to southern Belize, please pass them on to them as well.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and assistance.

San Pedro Daily: Editor.SanPedroDaily@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom