south Sudan cruise.. looking for 5 divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And they leave from Port Sudan?

I might be interested but I'm unable to find the price. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
I might be interested but I'm unable to find the price. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
for the plane i cant say es i dont know from wher you're cominghttp://www.donquesto.com/sudan-liveaboard-price-list/ ( 1200 Euros + tax and visa) I f we are enough; i ll try to get a discount ( try )

Yes they leave from Port Soudan ( flight from Dubay )

Airline to Port Sudan (PZU) is FlyDubai

Schedule from Dubai (DXB) is at 13:10 arrive PZU at 15:20 on the 28 March, the next flight is 4 days later and the flight before is on the 1st March

Return flight to DXB is on 4th April at 16:20 arriving into DXB at 20:35, next flight 4 days later.

Do these times work with the boat departure and return?

Dear Philippe, I understand your point about being early, even if we must say that our cruises for 2016 are already fully booked from mid April to mid June next year, some cruises are also booked for 2017 as we have guests booking in advance. If that is acceptable for you, we might keep 8 slots on the cruise and consider it therefore open for a South cruise until the first week of September and in the meantime, in case there are requests for the same slots and period we will contact you asking if you might speed up your decision. What do you think about it?We have something to ask you, though. There are at present flights both on Monday and on Friday from Dubai to Port Sudan since not long ago.Would it be ok for you even if we proposed the alternative dates 25th March to 1st April?That is a possibility we are considering and we need to know your opinion about it.Best WishesSara and Stefano

---------- Post added September 8th, 2015 at 01:27 PM ----------

Deal! 25th March to 1st april if the Flydubai flight schedule remains the same and keep in touch to have your confirmation as soon as you can.Please therefore kindly inform all the people (5 + 3) who would like to join us that for the moment we consider 25th March to 1st April as the scheduled dates.I am also sure you will make it :)Sara

---------- Post added September 8th, 2015 at 02:48 PM ----------

Now; you know just as much as me. departure from Dubay on Friday 25 March from dubai ( or monday 28 as a back up )

at that point are interested ( out of Scubaboar ) : my 2 buddies and me; a friend of one of my 2 buddies; one or 2 people from the french equivalent of scubaboadr ( plongeur.com ) A japanese girl with which we dived 2 years ago in Raja Ampat .

One week is optimistic for the Suakin area, if you want to get to the Dahrat's and Masamirit's plus a few other superlative spots. You can manage the North Suakins, Jumna Shoal, Hindi Gider etc. but those spots are normally not as nice as the North or far South inmo. I dived that area 15 years ago from the Don Questo and a few other boats. Always 14 days. Once a 19 day from Marsa Ghalib (then it was a petrol pump, nothing else) to Port Sudan. Good time to go. Bon Chance.

One week is optimistic for the Suakin area, if you want to get to the Dahrat's and Masamirit's plus a few other superlative spots. You can manage the North Suakins, Jumna Shoal, Hindi Gider etc. but those spots are normally not as nice as the North or far South inmo. I dived that area 15 years ago from the Don Questo and a few other boats. Always 14 days. Once a 19 day from Marsa Ghalib (then it was a petrol pump, nothing else) to Port Sudan. Good time to go. Bon Chance.

I did a one week Deep South mini safari - we went all the way down to Dahrat Abid the Southern most site 50km and the from the Eritrean border and worked our way up. It is not as relaxed as a two week cruise but can be done and they do cover a lot of the great sites... depending on weather conditions of course.

If only... just for fun, I looked up plane tickets. $9000 US! Only if I can hitch a ride for free on a plane would I get to go, but otherwise people who might be around Sudan from the US right now are going to have a great price on the boat itself because of a dip in the EU->$US exchange rate right now.

If only... just for fun, I looked up plane tickets. $9000 US! Only if I can hitch a ride for free on a plane would I get to go, but otherwise people who might be around Sudan from the US right now are going to have a great price on the boat itself because of a dip in the EU->$US exchange rate right now.

i dont know i you get those prices ??? :wink:)))) it was in business class??
theres 2 flights : one to dubai; then another from dubai to Port sudan with flydubay/

consider that the cruise is ok :

Hi Philippe,

it seems you should be OK and that sound good!

This is the right time to "open" the cruise, so guys please kindly inform all the people (5 french - or more - and a japanese + the scubaboard guys) who would like to join us that we CONFIRM the cruise from 25th March to 1st April as the scheduled dates.
First of all we need from you a list with name, surname and country of all participants.
Could you please kindly collect all the people and prepare this list ?

We will be glad to offer to you and to all the people of this LIST 1-week-Nitrox package FREE if your group of people will be at least 10 (or more) persons! The Nitrox package would cost 85 euro per person for 1 week. Nitrox license is required.

This cruise is scheduled from Friday/Friday to allow you to fly via Dubai by Air Emirates and FlyDubay (www.emirates.com) so you can buy your flight tickets directly online.
There are a FlyDubai flight from Dubai to Port Sudan each Friday and the same for the return.
You can also fly to Dubai with any other company in case you get better prices and then buy the tickets Dubai/Port Sudan. (www.flydubai.com).

The price of the cruise is 1050 Euro per person (Taxes, visa and flights are excluded) but please remember that going South during this one-week cruise requires for you to pay an extra fee, (a total of 950 euro), that will has to be shared cash on board among all participants. Please kindly have a look to our NEW WEB SITE where you can find what our quota includes or excludes. Sudan Liveaboard Price List - Donquesto scuba diving boat

Please kindly remind all the people that the minimum number of dives to join this cruise is 50 and the minimum level of scuba diving certification is Advanced diver, in order to safely dive with the group: 50 dives and Advanced certification are mandatory !
Deep Specialty is not mandatory but is highly recommended.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

so you have the copy of the last mail .

if qwe are enough; freeNitox as a freebe

from Paris the flights ( paris dubay + dubay Port soudanis around 1500$ )

---------- Post added September 10th, 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

those interestedcan list therenames just under and contact me with PM

Thez, I checked out Emirates prices LAX-DXB return on economy flex plus is USD1,208 and Business saver is USD4,344

For the moment the cruise is considered to be ok with another round of dicussion early october.

So far so good :wink:)) i just hope that we will be some more to meet some others scubaboard guys ( and geta nitrox freebe:wink:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom