South Padre Island, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doc6464

Registered
Reaction score
I will be visiting my parents in South Texas the last week of February. Does anyone have any info on diving around the South Padre Island area? I need to know whether or not to take my equipment with me.

Thanks,
Scott

doc6464:
I will be visiting my parents in South Texas the last week of February. Does anyone have any info on diving around the South Padre Island area? I need to know whether or not to take my equipment with me.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,
I know your trip was a few years ago. I will be going in Jan-Feb 2005. Would you contact me to let me know how you made out? And how was the weather at that time?
I know American Diving operates from SPI but the costs seem really steep at $175 for 3 tank dive (plus I tend to get sea sick on long boat trips). Also I would like to meet and dive with some local divers.
BUBBLES UP
Spider

I get emails from American and the costs are more in the 100-135 range. Most commercial operators out of upper coast like in Freeport or Galveston charge more than that like in 167-189 range. a Houston dive shop charges 205 for three tank dives. No problem selling it out. Went out on a 24 ft private boat not too long ago to 40 mile rigs. Fuel cost alone was 158 and that was at gas station, not marina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom