South Holland, IL firefighter dive team member dies during training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIP brother

.. as far as cardiac arrest, I'm sure the paramedics transporting him called the receiving hospital and advised they are working and bringing a full arrest / cardiac arrest. These frequencies are sometimes monitored by the media.
Does not necessarily indicate that it was cardiac in nature..
It just means the victim has no pulse and is not breathing, with CPR and ALS procedures in progress

The autopsy was expected yesterday. I doubt that we are going to learn more unless someone can get to that.

I checked the local media sources earlier today. Nothing new.

I’ve been thinking about Tina and Ben all day. I’ll be diving there again on Sunday.

Yes, I feel for them. It would be hard to have to go through this on the every so often it happens. I know someone else also was pulled out the previous week as well, although I do not know the details around that incident. Still. Would be a lot of emotions to have to handle.

I dive here all the time as you do, and know Tina and the entire staff / location to be a wonderful place. My condolences to the family of the Diver.

Yes, I feel for them. It would be hard to have to go through this on the every so often it happens. I know someone else also was pulled out the previous week as well, although I do not know the details around that incident. Still. Would be a lot of emotions to have to handle.

I dive here all the time as you do, and know Tina and the entire staff / location to be a wonderful place. My condolences to the family of the Diver.

I hadn’t heard about the incident the week before.

Updates have indicated he was recently engaged with a baby on the way
Wow, that's terrible. I bet since they weren't married yet that there's no death benefits for the fiance and unborn child.

Wow, that's terrible. I bet since they weren't married yet that there's no death benefits for the fiance and unborn child.

The fire department said they were going to raise money for the fiancée and baby.

WGN just had a piece on the 5 o'clock news. Visitation is tonight. The FD chief said they will provide any help the family needs. So it sounds like they will be taken care of.

No update on what happened. The piece did indicate the dive gear of the deceased is being closely examined for any defect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom