South Holland, IL firefighter dive team member dies during training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My condolences as well...

Way, way, too young. Many sincere condolences.

Updates have indicated he was recently engaged with a baby on the way. He was also a member of the National Guard.

The local all news radio stations said he got into difficulties while underwater.

Just saw a local news broadcast of the story. They said first responders were called at 9:30pm. Appears to have been a night dive?

this is really sad news. I did my drysuit certification there. the owners are super sweet people as well. RIP brother :(

I’ve been thinking about Tina and Ben all day. I’ll be diving there again on Sunday.

Reported to be from cardiac arrest.
I didn't see that in the article, but then most fatalities do include an arrested heart so that's a catchall. He was very young and cleared National Gaurd and Firefighter physicals, but things happen.

I didn't see that in the article, but then most fatalities do include an arrested heart so that's a catchall. He was very young and cleared National Gaurd and Firefighter physicals, but things happen.

A Chicago Fire Department dive team member died of something heart-related while searching the Chicago River for someone Memorial Day weekend a year or two ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom