South FL diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterVV

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Going to Florida next summer and would like to know where to dive. Whats the best dive? Whats really good and maybe a little out of the ordinary?

I like wrecks a lot so I have been thinkin about the Vandenberg but I am pretty much up fo any good dive.

I am a padi ass. inst, iantd adv. nitrox and about 200 dives. Most of my dives has been wrecks in the 25-40m (80-130ft) range and light deco dives.

I love the cold water here but I am really looking forward to dive in Florida.

Maybe take a look at diving in West Palm Beach. We've got a great variety of dive sites, including several wreck sites. Two of our sites have multiple wrecks on them, and you can explore them each easily diving nitrox. Depth range is 90 ft for them, except the Princess Ann which is 105 at it's deepest spot. We've got a great array of marine life including some of the larger species, sharks and Goliath Groupers. Good luck with your dive trip! If you think about WPB, take a look at Ocean Quest Scuba there is a good page of dive sites and a lot of local marine life photo's. Happy New Year.

I live in Central Florida.

Now, if you are looking at the whole state, I would say go down to Key Largo. There are plenty of coral reefs with 30' depths with nice corals and marine life. If you want deep water wrecks, there are plenty in that area. Key Largo glories in the name of the "Dive Capital" of, I suppose, the keys or is it the state? There are a pot load of good operators.

As I recall, the Vandenburg is down off of Key West. It is a rather recent wreck. Wrecks improve over time as they become more and more encrusted and eventually become reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom