South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be gone by then, but it only takes four divers to put together a (heated-if-necessary) boat dive with Bill Routh. Last weekend I was the on-standby "fourth." You can also dive off the diver's ramp. So yeah, if I'm here, I'm interested. April, before the crowds appear, is a good time to dive there. Since they reopened the ramp in late Feb., I'm the only diver I've encountered there (yes, I found myself). As of Tuesday, I'm still getting 46 degree temps., but the previous weekend (off the boat) one of the doctors got 47.5 on 'the wall'. It's getting into the low fifties in the shallows. Bring drysuit. The boat is nice because when its snowing, there's a heater and when the sun's blazing, its completely shaded and breezy. Plus you don't have to walk up and down the long ramp which seems to get slightly longer every time I see it.

Teller, let me know when you get here and want to dive. I dive up there almost weekly as I live within 10 minutes from there.

Scott,

Its about a 3hr drive to the coast from Greenville. Its not a bad drive because its a straight shot and its Interstate all the way. There are at least two outfits in Charleston SC that run boats offshore. There are two in Wilmington NC that I am aware of. Meanwhile we have some captains running the Charleston rivers for scuba/shark tooth diving. I think Routh may still be running the rivers also

Cameron is still running offshore out of North Myrtle at Coastal Scuba.

The Murrell's Inlet group at "Scuba Express" is still active and growing.

Ill be is SC for about a month starting next weekend. Would anyone be intrested in diving lake jocassee?

I'm planning on going diving next weekend (Apr 6 or 7) with LJDS....let me know what day your interested in going.

you can't beat Lake Jocassee See you there some time. you can see there are a lot of fellow divers that recommended the lake jocassee dive shop

hey scott i got out 2 years ago and lived in Florida just move back to SC to be shocked with the lack of divers in the Midlands. IF u ever need a dive buddy email me. I did 6 years in the navy and dove all over japan australia and hawaii. i got my own gear so all i need is air. Again anytime as long as im not working i live in Sumter 35 mins from Columbia and I still know places in FL. Thanks for serving

Back
Top Bottom