South Carolina in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi: I have a business trip to Charleston, SC for Jan 27-28th. I'd love to put some diving on either side. I don't mind driving couple hours either way up/down coast.

Can anyone recommend good charters or whatever? Also, what temperatures/conditions to expect.

later,
russ
rwpatterson357

If you are going to be in Charleston do something very unique. Dive the Cooper River for fossils. You can find fossilized sharks teeth on every dive. You may not find the big one but you should find something. I have 20 dives in the river and have 3 teeth over 5 1/2", one of those 6 1/4"! The diving is difficult. Very low vis, although the colder the water the better the vis. You may get 2 ft of vis. Need a good light and a long screwdriver with a lanyard to drive into the bottom so you won't be swept away by the current.
take a look at these 2 web sites. I've been on the river with both. They have great photo gallery's of things that they have pulled out of the river over the years.

www.offthewalldiving.com

www.cooperriver.com

Water is around 50 degrees right now so I hope you are diving dry!

Dave

Hey Im from Charleston, SC. Heres the skinny. First check out my website for up to minute weather and wave heights at the following url:

SC-Wreckdiving

The waters off our ocean are running in the low 50s out to about 70' (15 miles) and about high 60s near 100'. Thats what we discovered last weekend, and we are going out about every weekend.

Charters are listed on my website as well, including a popular river diving charter. I like doing my ocean diving out of murrell's inlet with scuba express (see site for url), I have dove with them more than any other.

PM me if you have any detailed specific questions for me, or my email addy is on the website.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom