South Africa - Sardine Run and More...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome pictures Larry!

What kind of equipment do you use? Both topside and below?

I am green with envy. I need to make a whole heap of cash to do the sardine run, dive with gw, a safari and a trip to Moz for the whale sharks.

Since you corrected my baby frogfish to a baby pufferfish, I feel it is emcumbent upon me to let you know that is a cheetah rather than a leopard :)

Did you ever find your baby frogfish photo, I would love to see it...

Absolutely right. Mea culpa.

AND I can't find the froggie or the leopard shot. I'll check the home PC tomorrow as I've been away for a job interview.

"encumbent" - I like a fellow wordsmith!

Really really nice. Especially like the Whale & Calf & the white shark. Amazing to get so close to these subjects.

Must have been an amazing trip. Looking forward to a trip report!!

Wow! Fantastic.

Awesome pictures Larry!

What kind of equipment do you use? Both topside and below?

Sorry, didn't see this earlier, I have a Canon 5D and for all of the underwater shots it was housed in an Ikelite housing, no strobes, just ambient light, and using a 15mm Canon fisheye lens f2.8.

Next year I'll bring a 24mm for underwater as well to try for better shots of the more skittish sharks.

The topside stuff is all with the same camera with a 70-200mm f2.8 l lens with 2 x teleconverter on occasion.

Such wonderful shots! Looks like you had an amazing trip!

Your pix are amazing

Back
Top Bottom