South Africa - Sardine Run and More...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sardines are boring, but seeing as you're a friend...

02SardineRun0388.jpg

and then they were gone...

02SardineRun03820.jpg

wow!!!!! thank you Sir....

nice shots Larry. is it me or is the great white missing his upper teeth? not only did you gash it in the nose, you knocked his teeth out... :mooner:

got any shots of the comerants dive bombing? always find those shots amazing.

nice shots Larry. is it me or is the great white missing his upper teeth? not only did you gash it in the nose, you knocked his teeth out... :mooner:

got any shots of the comerants dive bombing? always find those shots amazing.

I'll go look, but in the meantime, you know how I am about cats, so here's a few of those to tide you over...

04Safari00155.jpg

04Safari00156.jpg

04Safari00152.jpg

Lynx, apparently rarer than the leopard (which, I admit, was shot in a sanctuary for injured and recovering animals rather than in the wild).

04Safari00151.jpg

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like a smartass, the Lynx is actually a Caracal (but some people do erroneously refer to them as Lynx) and yes, they are indeed rarer than Leopards. Excellent find and nice shot!

Also, your Leopard is actually a Cheetah.

Since you corrected my baby frogfish to a baby pufferfish, I feel it is emcumbent upon me to let you know that is a cheetah rather than a leopard :)

Did you ever find your baby frogfish photo, I would love to see it...

Larry these pictures are amazing. These words do not get utter by me often but the topside activities look like as much fun as the beneath the surface fun. I cannot wait to see more pictures and maybe peruse the entire collection if they will be available. Just spectacular.

This may sound like a stupid question but for the sardin run, were you diving free in the ocean or were you somehow separated from the action (cag or otherwise)?

Back
Top Bottom