SOS: How to remove Aquaseal from skin??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering how your project is, and what it was?

If it were an interesting project I would have told you, but since you asked: I was trying to glue down the removable neoprene insole on a pair of Cressi reef/rock shoes/booties (bought in Ustica this summer when I encountered the volcanic rock beaches there) so that I could wear them as my dive boots on an upcoming trip to Hawaii. I smeared the Aquaseal all over the insole and in trying to sqeeze it through the narrow opening of the bootie I got it all over my hands. A new tube of Aquaseal was all I had. My neoprene cement was all dried out. It seems the Aquaseal doesn't really work for this application as I tried peeling away a corner of the insole this morning and it seemed to come apart from the bottom of the bootie with no effort at all. Guess I'll need to buy some neoprene cement or, better, spring for a pair of legitimate dive boots. Or maybe I'll spring for a pair of neoprene socks and wear my Rockboots in Hawaii.

I'm wondering how your project is, and what it was?

If you don't want it to come loose, it will let go in no time.

If it were an interesting project I would have told you, but since you asked: I was trying to glue down the removable neoprene insole on a pair of Cressi reef/rock shoes/booties (bought in Ustica this summer when I encountered the volcanic rock beaches there) so that I could wear them as my dive boots on an upcoming trip to Hawaii. I smeared the Aquaseal all over the insole and in trying to sqeeze it through the narrow opening of the bootie I got it all over my hands. A new tube of Aquaseal was all I had. My neoprene cement was all dried out. It seems the Aquaseal doesn't really work for this application as I tried peeling away a corner of the insole this morning and it seemed to come apart from the bottom of the bootie with no effort at all. Guess I'll need to buy some neoprene cement or, better, spring for a pair of legitimate dive boots. Or maybe I'll spring for a pair of neoprene socks and wear my Rockboots in Hawaii.

Let the Aquaseal set for a couple of days. I noticed that the surface adhesion increases over time.

Yes...I've cringed some at that thought already.

I'd skip the solvents. Various kinds are toxic to different organs in your body and many are absorbable though your skin.

flots.

Just let it wear off. I work with urethane based glues all the time and I do wear gloves when working with it, but I rip the gloves all the time and end up with glue on my hands. It wears off by the next day at the rate I am using my hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom