SOS: How to remove Aquaseal from skin??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as the Aquaseal is uncured, Acetone (nail polish remover) or Lacquer thinner will remove it quickly. Even 90% rubbing alcohol will get it off eventually.

If it is cured, wait until it sheds with the skin.

There is tons of stuff to try...

Goo gone
Gas
Rubbing alcohol
Paint thinner
Brake cleaner
Acetone

Just back from Rite Aid. Bought 91% rubbing alcohol and 100% acetone nail polish remover. I would say that neither of these actually cuts the Aquaseal, unless the Aquaseal might have cured too much by now (~1.5 hours). I scrubbed intensely using both these and an abrasive pad...and then a heavy application of grapeseed oil. There is still Aquaseal on my hands, but the stickiness is gone enough so that I can function. For the total fix, I'll wait till it cures and flakes off with my skin.

Thanks again!

If the stickiness is gone it is cured. 1.5 hrs on the moist skin will do the trick even without Cotol. Don't worry, it will come off by itself in a few days.

Aquaseal is a moisture-curing Urethane resin. The next time you hear or read Urethane think Latex gloves.

belt sander

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom