sorry to make annother what tank is this post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First we are told the markings are:
M8303. 02/1321/ 051 TC-3AAN-184/DOT-3AA REE 70. SCC/85
And we are told the tank diameter was not measured, but rather the boot....so it could be 7 or 7 1/4.
Then we find out there are more markings, like mfg (although the M8303 already denoted that) and 2400 (rather important!) and hydro dates...so now we know the material (steel), the age (2006), the working pressure (2400), the diameter (7 or 7 1/4), the tank length (26 to 27 1/2, still unclear), the mfg (Faber), the corrosion protection (white "enamel" but probably epoxy), and maybe the size (85).

Anything else you've not told us?
How about weighing it?

if it weighs about 31 pounds (no valve) I'm going with a Faber LP85, now being sold by Blue Steel.
Blue Steel Scuba - Cylinder Specs
I think the SCC/85 means it was a Sea Pearl-distributed Faber. OMS also distributed the tanks (with an OMS marking) and now Blue Steel with a BS85 marking.

And we are told the tank diameter was not measured, but rather the boot....so it could be 7 or 7 1/4.
Then we find out there are more markings, like mfg (although the M8303 already denoted that) and 2400 (rather important!) and hydro dates...so now we know the material (steel), the age (2006), the working pressure (2400), the diameter (7 or 7 1/4), the tank length (26 to 27 1/2, still unclear), the mfg (Faber), the corrosion protection (white "enamel" but probably epoxy), and maybe the size (85).

How about weighing it?

if it weighs about 31 pounds (no valve) I'm going with a Faber LP85, now being sold by Blue Steel.
I think the SCC/85 means it was a Sea Pearl-distributed Faber. OMS also distributed the tanks (with an OMS marking) and now Blue Steel with a BS85 marking.

Aww, give the guy a break. We all had to learn this stuff and didn't know the importance of what parts were what.

I, too, go with what Bob said: LP85s

How about weighing it?

Sorry i did not think it being made in italy mattered my original post did say it was a faber and i didn't think to calculate from diameter and in my defense i did say i was confused in addition to my signature statement

Sorry i did not think it being made in italy mattered my original post did say it was a faber and i didn't think to calculate from diameter and in my defense i did say i was confused in addition to my signature statement

No worries, Madera Diver. I think his point was that different countries have different markings.

This is a great site for North America: Scuba tank markings

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 11:21 AM ----------

and another:Tank Markings identified, what do they are all mean?

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 11:22 AM ----------

And right here on our very own ScubaBoard is http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ta...43-help-decode-faber-tank-marking-please.html

:D

Wow, the incredibly shrinking image!

Are they to small there from my phone sorry

Where M8303. = "Faber"
I "think" ( :help: ) the 02/1321 is the [-]national policy under which this tank was made[/-] Never mind, see below.
TC-3AAN-184 is the Transportation Canada requirement
DOT-3AA is the [US] Department of Transportation requirement
REE 70. = the hydro test requirement

The [from another tank] "06/1050/176" and M8303 are Faber's serial number and code respectively.

Now if you want to dissect the serial number the first two digits (06) are the year the next four (1050) are the batch number while the last three (176) are the number from the batch.

So 02/1321/ 051 says this is an 2002 tank, batch, SN 051 from the batch.

And with all that, the SCC-85 says you have some LP 85s there. Good tanks for sidemount.

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 11:33 AM ----------

PS - as long as the measurements are 7" x 26" :wink: :rofl3:

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 11:34 AM ----------

Are they to small there from my phone sorry

You have to double click the image.

Basically, it is a 7" tank that is 26" tall, without valve. I think you can be pretty sure you have Faber LP85s.

I'm thinking more that the 2400 and the born date were missing....kind of helpful in deciding the tank!
And it cannot be both a 2002 tank and a 2006 tank. So somebody is confused.
I'm still going with LP85.

Reactions: Jax
I'm thinking more that the 2400 and the born date were missing....kind of helpful in deciding the tank!
And it cannot be both a 2002 tank and a 2006 tank. So somebody is confused.
I'm still going with LP85.

I'm thinking the 2006 date was just another hydro date.

The 184 in the stamp i beieve is 184 bar ....... lp tank

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

what is the N in 3AAN/184

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom