Sorry if this is dumb, but what do you wear under a wetuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you ken. I don't even want to see myself in a speedo, as a fellow big biy thanks for the suggestions.

I would recommend, like a few others, a longer version of a speedo. However, I would also recommend a short sleeve rash guard top as well. You won't need it for warmth, but you will find that with a 2 piece Farmer John, it is more comfortable with the rash guard.

Usually wollen underwear or even more...
Oh, WETsuit :p
The few times i dive wetsuits i just either wear a pair of bathing shorts or just my boxer..

My husband wears spandex shorts which are tight, flexible and don't bunch up; and they offer his manliness a little more coverage then a speedo. He's a boxer-briefs kinda guy, so a speedo wasn't happening.

Like most of the ladies I know, I wear my bathing suit underneath.

I would try just wearing a regualr girls swimsuit, but I would feel funny being seen in it (I am a guy) so maybe I should start with my regular suit, and get something skimpier (Woooohoooooo) if that is not comfy.

p.s. Florida? Il? Ca? You guys spying on the PNW or something? :wink:

Not spyin on PWN,as you post a thread it goes in the random mix under new posts,which is where I saw yours.I rarely go to the individual sites and just skim through [new posts].I suspect most members do the same.

I realized I am not sure what to expect to wear under a suit (if it matters I am talking a 7mm one piece.). I have seen skins etc, and read that I should not wear one with a properly fitting wet suit. I decided boxers wasn't the answer although it seems that trunks would be kinda bulky, bunchy, and maybe chafferific too. So what do you wear under a wet suit? What would I wear to try one on, and then once I own it?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, I think it is worth knowing.

In addition to Speedo Jammers you could also wear Under Armor or the generic version of Under Armor from WalMart.

You definitely don't want to wear swim trunks or boxers. You could end up talking several octaves higher:no

thank you to everyone. As always I appreciate the info.

Stairman, I wasn't trying to be rude. Just noticed that everyone was from elsewhere. I think thaats cool, and I was unaware of the new threads thing. Thanks again.

Lycra long bycycle shorts, dry fast and don't look that bad. (Just get the kind without the butt pads!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom