Soooo Excited!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YukonJack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am a brand new OW diver with two non-certification dives under my belt (both in an artesian lake, so not really counting), but I am sitting in my condo in San Pedro, Belize right now typing this and can't wait to go diving! I cannot believe how frigging clear the water is!!! I arrived too late to schedule something tomorrow so its shopping for groceries, snorkeling, planning a dive for the next day, and drinking by the pool. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

You could probably dive if you wanted to tomorrow. if it is windy check with dive shops on Hol Chan, it is inside the reef, shallow, around 28' max. Something to do even if the wind is high and boats wont go out. It is a marine park, kind of high on price but you will see tons of fish. Don't spend all your time at your condo's pool, San Pedro is a great place to mingle with the expats and locals.

So great to hear someone so excited about diving - it is addictive isn't it?

Personally I count all dives towards my experience. Every time I get in the water I am trying to be a better diver so try to think about what I did well and what I messed up or could do a bit better.

I hope you have a wonderful time. I did my first dive at 70 years old and have been excited ever since. I only have 3 years experience but a little over 60 dives and I love it. It is so fun to see the enthusiasm in your post.

I cannot believe how frigging clear the water is!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
It's a great feeling isnt it? I remember that feeling from 2014 when I got back into scuba quite by chance. Before that it was lakes and occasional trip to the emerald waters of the northwest. When I saw the blue/purple colour of the deep water off TCI it was electrifying. Wait until you jump in!

So I was able to go snorkeling just off the dock at our place, and had a blast! We head out tomorrow for a short dive, though its only 1 tank because we are taking non-diving family to snorkel at the same time. Def going to schedule another 2 tank dive and a night dive before I leave.

Man, am I jealous! Hope to see pictures!

Back
Top Bottom