Sony RX100V strobe recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sonyrx100M5
I use seafrogs housing for sony RX100 I-V
I use seafrogs strobes ST-100 pro

I have 2 issues

1 in manual mode I can't change the shutter speed because the control wheel is not accessible from the housing, only the aperture I can adjust and the ISO

2 the strobes setting when I shoot in STTL the picture is white even when the exposure is -0+ and as per the setting recommended from the site

what did I do wrong

thanks
Rather hard to work out what is going on with the info provided. What aperture do you shoot at? should be around f5.6 for the RX100.

How are you triggering the strobes? How long does it take for the ready light to com on?

Have you tried manual exposure for the strobes? - you would need to try manual with preflash mode. Try triggering them at various manual power settings and see if the exposure changes when you change power setting on the strobe.

You need to realise with fibre optic triggered strobes, the camera does not know an external strobe is there and likewise the strobe does not know what setting the camera is using. The RX100 always fires a pre flash and the flash needs to set with this in mind.

The previous Sea Frogs strobe really did not work properly and soon disappeared from sale. You need to test the strobes to see if they respond to setting changes. This was a problem with the last strobe they released, changing settings had no impact.

Rather hard to work out what is going on with the info provided. What aperture do you shoot at? should be around f5.6 for the RX100.

How are you triggering the strobes? How long does it take for the ready light to com on?

Have you tried manual exposure for the strobes? - you would need to try manual with preflash mode. Try triggering them at various manual power settings and see if the exposure changes when you change power setting on the strobe.

You need to realise with fibre optic triggered strobes, the camera does not know an external strobe is there and likewise the strobe does not know what setting the camera is using. The RX100 always fires a pre flash and the flash needs to set with this in mind.

The previous Sea Frogs strobe really did not work properly and soon disappeared from sale. You need to test the strobes to see if they respond to setting changes. This was a problem with the last strobe they released, changing settings had no impact.

thank you for your reply
I am new to the strobe this my first time using strobe.

I will try to use the strobe with manual and see what will happen as I take a photo

I hope to figure it

best regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom