SONY DCR-PC350E with the Undersea Video Housing System (usvh)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wipeout26

Reaction score
Does anyone has any comments on SONY DCR-PC350E with the Undersea Video Housing System (http://www.usvh.com)? I am thinking of getting these two and would like some comments before blowing my pocket for them. Any other recommendations is also appreciated. Thanks!

Not familiar with that particular camera and housing, but my wife has been using an older model Sony with a housing she got from Undersea Video and she says its extremely user friendly. Plus, Warren at Undersea Video provides truly exceptional customer service -- best we've ever encountered.

sdwho

wipeout26:
Does anyone has any comments on SONY DCR-PC350E with the Undersea Video Housing System (http://www.usvh.com)? I am thinking of getting these two and would like some comments before blowing my pocket for them. Any other recommendations is also appreciated. Thanks!

What model of Sony is she using? PC330? :06:

I have heard about Warren's excellent customer service. But as I am in Singapore and he is in United States, I am not sure how much help he can do compared to someone who is residing in United States. And the thought of having to send the whole set back to United States when there is major problems is an expensive one. :11:

sdwho:
Not familiar with that particular camera and housing, but my wife has been using an older model Sony with a housing she got from Undersea Video and she says its extremely user friendly. Plus, Warren at Undersea Video provides truly exceptional customer service -- best we've ever encountered.

sdwho

Just an additional question...

I have heard that the white balance manual adjustment for SONY DCR-PC350E is through the touch screen. There isn't a housing in the market that allows you to adjust this underwater. Therefore, the white balance will have to set to Auto. Does any expert here actually manually adjust the white balance underwater? If the white balance is set to Auto, how will it affect the quality of the video being taken?

wipeout26:
Just an additional question...

I have heard that the white balance manual adjustment for SONY DCR-PC350E is through the touch screen. There isn't a housing in the market that allows you to adjust this underwater. Therefore, the white balance will have to set to Auto. Does any expert here actually manually adjust the white balance underwater? If the white balance is set to Auto, how will it affect the quality of the video being taken?

I'm definitely not an expert, but I do manually adjust white balance underwater. Manual white balance improves the coloring especially at depths deeper than 60 ft.

Above 60 ft. auto white balance works well. I shot everything in auto for years.

I have just recieved the pc-350 for a Christmas present. I am planning on getting the Gates housing for the camera. Bomb-proof construction(rated to 450') and the price with the standard port is about $2000 and $2500 with the 70degree dome port. The part I like about the housing is the is it is designed to operate with the camera's LCD screen open. So you don't have to purchase a second screen. Also Gates ports are field replaceable.

KLJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom