Sony A6000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

What do people think of the Sony A6000? It seems like a very impressive piece of equipment. I did a search and couldn't find anything; I'm surprised it's not been discussed yet.

I dont know why people dont discussing this camera but I am very close to buy it. I was close to choose the gx7 but then I found the a6000 option and is hard not to choose this one. It has very fast auto focus, large sensor, fair price.

As I am a fisheye/wide angle shooter my plan is to take the a6000 with the 16mm wide angle lense plus the fisheye adapter (good price too contrary to the lumix 8mm) with nauticam housing and the 4.33" dome port.

I dont care about having less availability of lenses against the m43 cause I am not doing uw macro at all and I know exactly what I want.

Only downside I've found till date is that I cannot find someone who have tried this setup at sea! Is there anyone out there who can tell us few things about the 16mm with the fisheye adapter? Any vignetting? Sharpness?

Will the a6000 OSPDAF work on the 18200LE and 35f1.8? These 2 lenses are important for me, but i'm properly not the only one.. A list would be great of the native e-mount lenses that works on the a6000 pdaf

$220 Meikon A6000 housing and connect fisheye dome port
Meikon Sony A6000 underwater housing waterproof case

tumblr_neyfseFRWA1s7e0q8o1_1280.jpg

My friend ordered it from China, will dive with it to Maldives on December. We are recreative divers, this cheap uw housing may be is right for us.

There is a review of the A6000 and the Nauticam housing up on the Optical Ocean site, I wrote the review, part II is in the works.
Bill

The Sony a6000 is a very impressive camera. I too am puzzled as to the little publicity it's getting. The first Sony cameras , NEX-5 /N and NEX-7 were very good sellers for underwater use and the Sony mirrorless cameras have only improved since.

at $598 (B&H Price) with a 16-50mm lens this camera is an excellent choice for diving with a Nauticam housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom