Something wacky wif the site...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have the site checked to view as Classic Theme, no side bar.

Whenever I go into view a thread with a Poll (basically, all of OE2X's threads, these days... :wink: ) it goes into Sidebar view.

Like this one. It rolls up in the side bar view: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=86988

All other non-poll threads, I get to see and surf in my fav No Side Bar Classic. Only in the threads that start as a poll is it coming up in the side bar style view.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ken

Some of the forums and features require you to use the Portal theme to active certain features and will switch you back and forth automatically.

And why does it do that to none poll threads? My monitor is small enough without the side bar.

It shouldn't matter if the thread is a poll or not, it should matter what category the thread is in. For example, all threads in the new diver area are going to use the portal look, poll or not.

That forum is one of two forums with a forced portal (new diver and Greater Caribbean & Bahamas). We are looking for a way to not force the theme to switch but right now this is the only way to add features to those forums. Like I said, it;s just two forums at the present time. Our goal is never to annoy you or making viewing hard and rest assured, we will continue to improve functions like these.

Thanks Tech Admin. Wasn't trying to be harsh, just cure an annoyance if it was possible.

Is this why the list of things is different using the Classic theme? For example, "Edit Dive Info" is not available in the Classic theme, although it used to be. There's a couple other links under the control panel different too, seems wierd.

Not all of the features are avaliable on the alternative themes, dive info is one that fits onto that list.

Well crpntr133, you inspired me! I have removed the forced styles and adjusted the site to show the features I need within the portal template. The other skins won't have all the features for specific forums but it doesn't have most of the ads either so it should be a worthy trade off.

Back
Top Bottom