Some Thoughts on Independent Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Raphus ,

I don't understand. I drysuit dove manifolded HP 100's using a Hogarthian configuaration before I replaced the HP 100's with HP 120's (same hogarthian configuration). Doffing and donning either set in water--without assistance--was/is straightforward (for me).

Are double 12 liter cylinders different enough to cause problems doing this?

rx7diver
I am not sure how different they are.
But the thight webbings makes it different for me to put it on.

Main problem is the bladdern. To sustain positive bouyancy they have to be inflated. And they restrict the arm movement a lot while putting the gear on.

When on land i need to deflate the bladdern fully to be able to get out/in comfortable.

These double web bands DTA are the way to go if you can find a used set like I did. One size fits all. I use my old steel 50s, 72s and 96s with those bands. Just bolt'em on the BP and go. Just the thing for ID configuration and tanks can swapped and changed "on the fly". One minute you have doubles the next you have singles that can be carried one in each hand.
Those are my 72 IDs.

Attachments

• DSCN2910.JPG
    DSCN2910.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 68

Back
Top Bottom