some recommand on fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from website:

Mares Avanti Superchannel

Mares Avanti Superchannel
The Avanti Superchannel Full-Foot is brand-new and an evolution in the company's Channel Thrust Technology. It has a slightly softer foot pocket and center channel and directs water flow with flexible side channels and rails. This fin was the clear champ among the full-foots we tested. Compared to all the fins in this review, it clocked the fastest speed, twisted through the slalom course with the best time, and it tied for the most thrust generated. It also collected the highest ergonomic scores-of any full-foot fin we've ever tested. Our divers raved about its comfort, maneuverability speed and acceleration and named it their clear Testers' Choice among the full-foots in this review. Bonus: It actually sells for less than the Avanti Excel, making it a great value to boot.

Test Diver Comments "Powerful acceleration without effort"... "Handles great in tight turns"... "Loved this fin!"

Bottom Line The Avanti Superchannel has it all. Price: $70.

Take a look at the Hollis F1 fins, ive tried jets, tutles, avanti, and these just feel so much better, and the foot pockets accept a wide variety of foot sizes instead of being in the a tad bit to small and a little to roomy stage.

i have the avanti quatro excel i think it looks identical to the avanti excel but its open heel and they work well. everyone kinda has their opinions on different fins. I would recommend trying a split fin, a solid, and something like the force fin but cheaper models of each. Once you find a generic style you like then move into different brands and models. the splits i personally didnt like so i went with the ones i have now.

this is my current fin
410013_quattro_excel.png

I used to use Mares X3 and then Mares Quattro...there wasn't much difference between them.

The Quattro 'Excel' and 'Superchannel' versions are the latest releases..and I am sure people are paying a premium for having them. Are they really that much better.... or is it just marketing?

How do users of the newer 'Excel' and 'Superchannel' find them?

In comparison with the X3 or Quattro models?

Are there any real major advantages?

I would suspect that getting the older X3 or Quattro models would be a lot cheaper (esp. second-hand) with very similar performance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom