Some real questions concerning inspiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
1. Can we use any kind of din balanced regulator with the inspiration ? one of then should be O2 clean.
2. a second stage coming form the first stage if it was form the O2 or from the diluent is it a good idea or not and why ?
3. if we have connected the VR3 can we stop using the hand set or at least one of them?
4. if going deeper then 60 m lets say a trimix dive with the machine if we used a 2x7 liters tanks and we had 2 other second stages coming form the reg., isn’t it a better idea? Or we have to carry more tank for a case of emergency ?
5. one tank is filled with pure o2 the second is air , in the case with timix we have to fill the second with helium and air ( what is the mix should be ) ? or what is the right way to do it with trimix dives ?
6. How to check if the Solenoid is working and if not do we have to buy one or can be fixed , and how much it cost ?
I am really sorry for all these questions but the bad news is there is more to come and thanks for the help

By the way after all the new modification the people are doing and the new stuff are buying for the inspiration as the HH and ADV and so on, don’t u think that one day the AP Valve will be buying only spear parts, and they will stop manufacturing the Inspiration, and why don’t they do this step and make the machine better then sleves .
I think the business will go down this way for them

wazza once bubbled...
1. Can we use any kind of din balanced regulator with the inspiration ? one of then should be O2 clean.

Yes, provided you can adjust the interstage pressure. The O2 side must be a max of 7 bar, this is so the battery warning will always appear before there is too little current left to open the solenoid. This is very important

2. a second stage coming form the first stage if it was form the O2 or from the diluent is it a good idea or not and why ?

A good idea, nearly half of all users remove the Auto air and put a long hosed regulator on the Diluent side, and about 30% add a demand valve on the O2 side. You MUST put an apeks flow control valve inline on the O2, as a) you dont want it to be too easy to get 100% and b) you must not have your O2 dissapear if the reg free flows

3. if we have connected the VR3 can we stop using the hand set or at least one of them?

You can, but why would you want to. Use the VR3 as a independant check. The other two handsets check each other out but you should still check the slave accasionally to make sure it agrees withe the primary

4. if going deeper then 60 m lets say a trimix dive with the machine if we used a 2x7 liters tanks and we had 2 other second stages coming form the reg., isn’t it a better idea? Or we have to carry more tank for a case of emergency ?

Thats exactly how I dive to 75m, with 18/30 diluent. Deeper than this I use 10/50 and carry extra 7l side slug ali stages. You also need a samll 2L drysuit feeding air cylinder (argon makes NO difference to me)

Down to 20m I just use the original 3l's

5. one tank is filled with pure o2 the second is air , in the case with timix we have to fill the second with helium and air ( what is the mix should be ) ? or what is the right way to do it with trimix dives ?

The right way is to do a normoxic or trimix class where you will be taught how to do it, but for normoxic you just swap the air for 18/30 and go diving to 70m (need drysuit gas!!), for deeper you need 10/50 say but thats hypoxic so you need to plan you bailout better

6. How to check if the Solenoid is working and if not do we have to buy one or can be fixed , and how much it cost ?

Its £35 to replace and you can easily check it, you can hear it very clearly even while diving. In fact listening to the solenoids pattern is a real safatey feature

I am really sorry for all these questions but the bad news is there is more to come and thanks for the help

No such thing as a dumb question, ask away

By the way after all the new modification the people are doing and the new stuff are buying for the inspiration as the HH and ADV and so on, don’t u think that one day the AP Valve will be buying only spear parts, and they will stop manufacturing the Inspiration, and why don’t they do this step and make the machine better then sleves .
I think the business will go down this way for them

Do Ford suffer selling cars cos there are loads of third party spares for them??. As long as APD evolve the unit and produce good quailty cheaply (???compared to others) priced they will flourish,

It is now possible to build an inspiration completely from third party products!!!!, I know Mine is :D

Madmole thanks for the help everything is clear now , see u in a new thread take care

A very tiny question, I was looking in the Inspiration price list about the the price of the O2 key to open the lib so we can change the cell, there is no price for it and do they sell it. and on anther thing the price of the spacer inside the canister I did not fined the price of it as well. do any one have a price for these two pieces .

AP203 Box spanner (for removing cell holder) ................. £17.62
(This comes free with the unit)

The spacer is available but I dont have a price or part number

All components for the Inspiration are available from APD, but only to registered qualified Inspiration divers. When you do your class you will be added to this list

Part diagrams and current price list all available in the download area of my site

Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom