Some questions about diving in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichB--My opinion on Amed is...how come I'm not back there diving it as well?? Our guide Eri from TWD mentioned it is slightly cooler water at Amed (so it was "only" 81/82F!), which changes the fish & coral scene a bit from Tulamben. It's maybe a 30-40 minute drive from Tulamben and very scenic along the coast. The coral at 35-45' near the small Japanese wreck was spectacular, same for fish & critter variety. The OP will have a tough time deciding with only 4 days in the area! // ww

Thanks for all the great replies folks. SB is surely one of the nicest communities on the web. =)

Nwflyboy, thanks for the very cool pictures.

and Blue Season Bali, both myself and my wife are AOW certified, so that should be okay =)

I dont have a lot of time right now to fire off some more questions, but anyone with tips and comments, rest assured I will be checking this thread often.

THANKS AGAIN!

Hi,

There is lots of dive possibilities in Bali, the chances to see Manta are great I would say more than 90 % but for the mola mola it is an other story. You need cold upwells from the depth to see the mola so if the water is warm at the time you dive your chances will highly decrease. The dives in Nusa Penida are quite demanding, the water is quite cold and the currents strong. Tulamben area offers much more relaxing dives.

If you are not advanced diver, so chances to see a Mola are very low I would say.

I use to dive with company called diveconcepts in Tulamben they organise also mola mola trips, check it out.

Flo

Glad to see so many people helping you out with your query here; its great to see everybody speaking so highly of their time diving in Bali, you really wont be disappointed when you arrive here.

Happy to hear you are Advanced Open Water Divers already, you really are going to be able to get the best out of your time.....make sure you do the Mola Mola dives as the timing of your holiday is perfect for this season! They really are very special creatures!

BLUE SEASON BALI
Diving Bali | Dive Courses Bali
PADI Member Award Winner 2010; Outstanding Dive Center 2010
Commitment to Instructor Development 2010​

Join us of Facebook

So many suggestions and input for your trip, and I'm sure they want to impress your journey as expected. October is the beginning of the rainy season in Bali, and water conditions slightly choppy when diving in locations sunfish. For me all dive sites in Bali are excellent and character depending on what you want to explore. Enjoy your time as you are here.

Regards from Bali

Back
Top Bottom