Some new fins coming out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

never giving up your eddys does not mean you can't have just one more pair of fins....lol
I do like my OMS Tribal fins for when I need negative fins. Definitely a different look and they have the stiffness I need.

Good to see a new fin being manufactured from a traditional natural material for a change rather than another over-hyped proprietary thermoplastic primarily developed with airline baggage allowances in mind.

If the US Navy Experimental Diving Unit report Comparative Evaluation of Swim Fins is to believed, there was a choice of positively, neutrally and negatively buoyant all-rubber fins as far back as 1957.

I would argue that neutral fins (of which there are several offerings) are helpful for addressing foot heavy tropical divers.

I found that areas that cup water, like these fins turbulence disruptors, capture air while surface swimming and make a popping sound. Be interesting to hear comments.

I found that areas that cup water, like these fins turbulence disruptors, capture air while surface swimming and make a popping sound. Be interesting to hear comments.

The Quattros make: "Shulffatt, Shulffatt" sound on the surface. Very bad for surface swimming, inefficient and tiring. The Go Sport fins don't as far as I can tell so far.

The Quattros make: "Shulffatt, Shulffatt" sound on the surface.
As do the Mares Excite pro make that sound [I laughed when I read "Shulffatt"] on the surface.
So do my warm water fins, Aqualung Storm, great underwater but 'flop, flop' on the surface.
My Apeks RK3 are better on the surface, but if there is any current, I want my Mares Excite Pros, more power, less effort and I don't cramp [good for an old fart].
Just my 2c.
aqua_lung_storm_fins-1.jpeg

ExcitePro.jpg

To swim best on surface with fins with flutter kick, turn body a bit so fins stay in water during whole kick cycle.

"Shulffatt"

"Shulffatt" is Libyan Arabic onomatopoeia for the sound that happens when slapping somebody with the palm of your hand :)

To swim best on surface with fins with flutter kick, turn body a bit so fins stay in water during whole kick cycle.
Depends on the type of BC you are wearing.

The Supernova aren't available in the US yet? They are in the SP catalog in my region with full details. They seem to be something "special" but I am waiting for somebody to be the first to try them and get back to me with a report.
I got them from Europe. I like them, definite improvement with frog kicks from the Novas. I am heading to Fiji at the end of the month and will report back how they do in current.

Another interesting thing is that in the pamphlet packaged with them there is an alternate blade that will be available at some point. It’s just labeled “s-tek”.

Back
Top Bottom