Some lost stuff at Shaw's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ligersandtions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We went out with an AOW class at Shaw's yesterday. One of the dives we did was search and recovery - there were two weight belts with weights clipped on them (maybe 6 weights, I can't remember for sure). The first two groups went down and recovered them, but then one of the next two groups was not able to recover their weight belt. It got dark before the DM went to search, so she ended up not having any luck. If anyone happens to find a weight belt with a bunch of weight clipped on, I know my instructor would be very grateful.

One of the students also lost her mask in the surf. We looked for it as well, but it was dark, so we had no luck. I don't know what the brand was, but if anyone happens to find a mask, I'll ask the girl what it was and maybe we can recover it for her.

Thanks!

If it was in the middle of the cove & in the sand it'll probably not be found until someone who knows where it might be goes & looks for it.

John

More food for the beast at Shaws! Someday, way in the future, someone will discover a cache of dive gear dating back to the 50’s.

(Including one of my masks!)

If it was in the middle of the cove & in the sand it'll probably not be found until someone who knows where it might be goes & looks for it.

John

It was almost straight out from the lifeguard tower, not quite as far out as the point, but fairly close. That's about as specific as I can get....probably not horribly helpful.

Anyways, if anyone happens to come across it, just let me know. Thanks!

7 of us dived Shaw's on Sept 7th...didn't find anything, but sure could use some help recovering my husbands dive computer. Suunto Mosquito, black wristwatch...lost in surf zone.

Thanks

Check with Laguna Sea Sports on PCH just above Shaws. Sometimes (not often) lost gear is left there. The old owner kept the gear in a bucket. I don't know about the new owner.

Back
Top Bottom